Stones in bladder

rochajamesj

Aug 17, 2010
Good day, I hope this email finds you well. Thank you in advance for any help. My bully About four months ago had stones in his bladder. I was wondering if you knew of any food other than Hills U/D he can eat. Henry's skin seems to not like the food. His wrinkles have gotten irritated again and his skin a pinkish color. I would like to stress it is not the cost of the food. I am willing to pay anything for the old lug. Hansom Hank is 9 years and 5 months old. He has a two year old brother who keeps him young and active along with regular walks. He is not at all over weight and we ensure that he drinks plenty of water.
Again, thank you for any feedback on this issue. I am unable to find anything online, and my vet has no answers as well.
All the best.
James + Hank

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'm not sure what would be best for this condition in particular but in general thats not a good food. According to the dog food ratings, on a scale from 6 being the best and one being the worst it's rated as a 1. I assume with this condition he may need a special diet???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think we need [MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION] for this one!

P.S. We would love to see your old fella! Pics plz :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have never heard of the stones either so I am of no help here whatsoever. I would for sure switch the foods although if that is what you have fed him for years cant imagine that would be the cause. Once linda peeps in here she will have some advice I am sure! Until then YES we need pics of all your pups please. ;) We cannot get enough of pup pics around here. Welcome too by the way.

OP
R

rochajamesj

Aug 17, 2010
I am sorry to say I have no idea how to upload pic's? Thank you all for your input though. My vet told me that the U/D special diet is a must because it is the only thing vet's have to limit the possibility of stones coming back. I am cleaning and drying off his wrinkles twice a day now and applying Gold Bond almost every day. I use a special sensitive for dogs soap and warm water then warm water only solution followed by tissue's to dry and much praise. So far the wrinkles are getting better, but his skin is still pinkish.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry right now the photo uploader is not working, I am trying to get this resolved today (I HOPE!!!) but you can upload photos from photobucket or imageshack- just click the 'go advanced' box under the quick reply box. Scroll down until you see photobucket uploader and Imageshack uploaders. Those are awesome and very easy to use.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am unfamiliar with that food and the stones for this matter. Youre not new to bullies but I have to ask is your vet a "bully" vet? If not maybe try seeing one that specifically knows bullies well and maybe they will have more advice for you. There is a list of recommended bully vets on the community page here. Maybe check it out and see what is near you?

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
I know this post is from a long time ago but my dog is on the sam food (U/D). I am still looking to change it because he has gained so much weight and it worries me. Did you ever find a different food?

Thank you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online