Cali is at the Vet again

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Well Cali didnt eat dinner which never happens. Plus she seemed more tired than usual and her breathing didn't seem right. Just wanted to be on the safe side. They took an X-ray so far and then said she is obesed What ?? Haley was offended

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
oh dear,what weight is she ?do you think shes overweight?,karen

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sorry, that gave me a little chuckle. :)

What else did the vet say? Any diagnosis? Poor Cali, hope your cutie pie recovers soon from whatever she has.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
obese?? the last picture I seen of her she looked perfect. Being obese would not cause her to not eat and be so tired. Breathing problems possible. Can you post an updated picture?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Well, the x ray cannot diagnose obesity, that is more of a lbs or body weight/mass thing. Poor Cali, did he tell you why she wasn't eating? I agree with [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] obesity would not make her stop eating, much on the contrary.. the reason they get a little hefty is cuz they love their food! keep us updated and post a picture if you can!

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
Well the blood work and x rays came back normal. She seems weak though. When she first stood up this morning the had difficulty. She normally runs a bit with Bella in the morning as I get ready for work.
I'll post a pic of her and what the emergency did

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1894]1badchicken[/MENTION] I hope she is ok. Please post a pic!!! I havent seen her in a long time!!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Make sure you have the vet check out her ears. Linus had a raging ear infection that caused him to stumbled when he got up because the infection affected his equilibrium and caused lethargy. It's worth looking at since, like the others suggest, being overweight would not cause Cali to be lethargic and not eat.

OP

1badchicken

Feb 23, 2011
Austin Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Cali
First I'll say sorry guys for not being on so much. She is doing much better now
my vet said she had lots of gas which was due to possibly eating something that was decaying in the yard
When I was gone last week Haley said she had the most horrible smelling farts.

He gave her a round of anti biotics. She greeted me at the door but went to lay back down which was an improvement from yesterday. Also Doc confirmed that I have a fatty and requires a diet and exercise

Mmost likely due to my dad over feeding when we were on vacation in December

02ed91d6.jpg

Bella always makes sure she is not alone

021f4d6e.jpg

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1894]1badchicken[/MENTION] Thank you so much for the pics!!! Cali & Bella are beautifull!! Cali is so grown up now. I am glad she feels better and she is home with you guys!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.