Typial growth cycle

OP
J

jwjbama

Jul 27, 2010
Madison, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
two shots taken tonight. Quality isn't great - they were taken with my phone.

Attachments

• SNC00162 (2).jpg
    SNC00162 (2).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 348
  • SNC00167 (2).jpg
    SNC00167 (2).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 482

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww she's so cute! Shes got ear freckles, how adorable! I would go with Fromm or Avoderm- cuz those are my favs :) Avoderm is more easily accessible, but Fromm is a better food of the two.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think she's a beautiful dog and you are lucky to have her but I have to be honest, the last two pics you posted read more like an English Bulldog/American Bulldog mix to me. I could be wrong but she is very, very tall for an English Bulldog pup. I think you mentioned she was 15 weeks? Are you certain she's that young? I am just thinking of my puppy who is 15 weeks and the other bullies I've had at 15/16 weeks and they were definitely not that tall. All dogs are different of course, she could just be a tall bulldog. Looking at the first two shots, her face is an English Bulldog but the last two aren't as convincing.

Nevertheless, she is a cutie pie, love her polka dotted ear.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Now I am looking again - do you have another pic of her next to something for scale? Maybe it's just the photos that make her look taller/bigger than she is...sorry! I am no help.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have 2 EB and neither one of them look like the "AKC standard" EB. Vegas is tall and long bodied. His head is a bit smaller and chest not as "bully". Orion is petite all over. She is 14 months old and barely tips the scale at 34 pds. (Vegas is 68 pds) Orion still looks like a puppy, except she's dropped most of the body fat.

OP
J

jwjbama

Jul 27, 2010
Madison, Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie
I'll try to respond to all in one post. Her eyes aren't blue, it was just the picture. I didn't take it, but it was sent by her original owner. She's about 14-15 inches tall right now. I had an American English Bulldog about 13 years ago, and I can't really remember how their growth compares. Butkus did have a much longer snout, and he grew to nearly waist-high on me (I'm 5'10"). I can't be sure about the age, and I was just going with the information I was given from the previous owner. I have the breeder's name in a file at home, and i'll contact them to verify a few things.

Last edited:

jlirette

May 15, 2013
Houma, La
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
I'm having the same concerns as far as height. Otis is 15 weeks old and 13"tall. What adult height should we expect? How did Rosie turn out

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm having the same concerns as far as height. Otis is 15 weeks old and 13"tall. What adult height should we expect? How did Rosie turn out

Just so you know.. This is a very old thread! I'm not certain this member is still active! I do want to tell you..bulldogs
Grow tall the first year and go through a very unbully stage! In their second and even into their third year, is when they widen and fill out! Feel free to post a new thread of your own with your concerns too! :)

Last edited:

jlirette

May 15, 2013
Houma, La
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Thanks,
I just found another post from this used labeled update on Rosie. It turns out her concerns were correct. I think she said Rosie is olde english/ American bulldog mix.

What ever height weight he turns out doesn't matter. We love him but I'm just curious how tall should i expect to be? I couldn't find any charts on english bulldogs on the net that listed percentage of height at certain age.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks,
I just found another post from this used labeled update on Rosie. It turns out her concerns were correct. I think she said Rosie is olde english/ American bulldog mix.

What ever height weight he turns out doesn't matter. We love him but I'm just curious how tall should i expect to be? I couldn't find any charts on english bulldogs on the net that listed percentage of height at certain age.

You know..my vet has that huge chart on her wall..lists all breeds and averages. Bulldogs are 40-50 pounds and 18-19 inches in height. Mind you these are males and females..and just averages!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
You know..my vet has that huge chart on her wall..lists all breeds and averages. Bulldogs are 40-50 pounds and 18-19 inches in height. Mind you these are males and females..and just averages!

18-19" is very tall for an english bulldog- olde english bulldogs typically are that tall- from what I've seen at shows english bulldogs tend to be between 13-16" give or take an inch depending on build and sex

Most Reactions