Interceptor and ivermectin and ointments for your pups

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
What do most of you pay for the 6 mos. of the Interceptor, and if you need ivermectin for the mange issues, do you remember about how much it was, and we have a product that we formulated that has ivermectin and ketaconazole for both top dressing on the food, and you can put it on the spots too....trying to see if we can get better pricings for us, and everyone else. I know our ivermectin formula is cost effective, just curious....doing some research here!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry, I've never purchased either of those products...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I got Pyoben Gel for Bo's demodex manage....can't say it's worked that great either. :-( The tiny bottle was 25 bucks.

OP
bullyloverforlife

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
Wow...one of the biggest heart worm meds and also Rx'd for mange is Interceptor, and/or ivermectin....I'm really surprised! Maybe everyone uses another form of heart worm meds, and our bulldog vet uses alot of ivermectin daily for mange....interesting! Even when I Googled "bulldog mange" all these remedies came up, which is why we added the ketaconazole to the mix of oral and topical use....Ok, so what type of monthly heart guard to you all use on these Bullies...and nobody has used ivermectin for the dem. mange???

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im getting ready to try Trifexis. It has stuff in it for heartworms and fleas. was using frontline and before that diatomaceous earth. but we have had an influx of fleas so not much is working.

OP
bullyloverforlife

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
I got Pyoben Gel for Bo's demodex manage....can't say it's worked that great either. :-( The tiny bottle was 25 bucks.

This is exactly why we are trying to gather info., did you know that Pyoben gel for dogs is Oxy Clear for teenagers, and not the max strength too....they market the active ingredients to vets and folks as a different product...you spent nearly 19.00 too much....please even tho its not canine, go to our website for our pharmacy and stallion and you'll see a printable price list, and hotscotchmister and his to akin to winning the Westminister dog show...lol....go to his site, and browse...we want to do one for dogs...we have 2 bulldogs in Colorado, 2 labs and a Jack Russell in Texas, and 40 horses and 14 foals coming...we can't afford to pay nearly 20$ more for even wormer for our horses or vac's...so we want to build a base, and these bulldogs, are our heart, we love our other dogs, but not like these! Hate to say that even, we love all our animals!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.