...Concerned about poop

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My girl has had soft, runny poop the last 5-6 days. She has been acting fine, has tons of energy, eats well, drinks, sleeps fine. She has been on the same food for months so I don't see that as an issue. The poop at times is some what formed in the morning then in the afternoon and evening it's like soft ice cream.

The only thing I could think was last weekend when it snowed,she was eating snow like crazy...she loved it!!, maybe she picked up something in the snow?

I gave her yogurt with her food last night and this morning, I'll see what happens later. How long should I wait before I take her to the Vet?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I would give her canned pumpkin not pie filling with her food for awhile and see if this helps. It ususally firms up poo..

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie very rarely get runny poops but whenever she has which happened when she was on kibble i withheld food for 24 hrs to rest her system ,some feed bland food im sure they will post soon,karen

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
An increase in water consumption (snow eating) can affect poo - at least here at my house. Bea loves eating snow and it does make things softer upon exit. Now that the snow is gone, her creations are perfect again. Yeah. Could be snow. Laurie's pumpkin suggestion is a good one. It's good to have a can of pumpkin (not pie filling) in the house for these times - plus they love it.

OP
Kozman

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
how much pumpkin should I mix in with her one cup of food?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
About a tablespoon

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I do the same as [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] suggested. Rest belly for 24 hours, few days of bland diet and then reintroduce kibble if all is well. Just had to do that with Chunk actually. The pumpkin is good too - my vet said at 53 lbs we could even do 2 tablespoons per meal if needed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kozman

Kozman

Nov 13, 2011
NYC
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
We skipped lunch and cut back to a 1/2 cup of food for dinner and a tablespoon of pumpkin.....don't know if this is a coincidence but her poop was formed and perfect this morning....that pumpkin is a miracle cure!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
We skipped lunch and cut back to a 1/2 cup of food for dinner and a tablespoon of pumpkin.....don't know if this is a coincidence but her poop was formed and perfect this morning....that pumpkin is a miracle cure!

Whoohoo! It's always a good feeling when things are back to "normal". Pumpkin really is a miracle cure! I just hate cleaning up after it because if I don't get Chunk's face fast enough, he paints the house with it. :lol:

Most Reactions