Any recommended over the counter preventative joint health medicine out there????

Danny Nystrand

Jan 5, 2012
Destin, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mighty Samson
The lady that owns the small dog shop where I purchase Samson's dog food has recommended to me an over the counter hip and joint supplement called Myristin that she sells for around $40-$45 bottle (250 pills). She gave me a brochure on it and from what I have read, it seems like it could be something good for Samson as I've recently noticed on occasion what may or may not be perceived by some as possible signs of sore hip movement. Apparently, they make this supplement for dogs and for people as the owner of this dog store says she takes the human version and gives her 9 year old collie the dog version. I'm already trying to take the proper steps to make him more comfortable with routine activities such as eating and drinking from elevated food and water bowls and by switching out his current bed for a more firm orthopedic one. My questions are, has anyone heard of this supplement, if so would you recommend it, and/or does anyone else out there give their dogs a hip and joint supplement as a treatment or preventative care that they are happy with and would recommend? Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 108

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
My boyfriends parents lab, Jake, is 12 and getting very stiff. The vet wants him on Rimadyl but it's expensive and I informed her of the negative side affects, so she is trying a more natural alternative called Vets Best Aspirin Free Aches and Pains formula (description from site below). As well as treats that contain Glucosamine and Chondroitin (she uses the Yummy Chummies Gold Salmon, but there's a lot of alternatives in case of allergy). Not sure if this is similar to the pills she suggested to you but its a lot less expensive.

"An all-natural alternative. Drug, alcohol, steroid and chemical free. Provides relief for dogs with sore muscles, stiff joints, arthritis and hip dysplasia. Contains White Willow Bark, with aspirin-free salicin, and Glucosamine"

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
green lipped muscle is i believe a very good supplement,karen

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
We have Joint Joy and its got everything you can imagine and not nearly that many $$$.....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.