dogs with allergies

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
mmmm its hard to not research potential cures but to be honest ive been kidding myself lol,i know that once a dog has an allergy it usually switches to other allergens,but i suppose shes eating well and hasnt had a carb in months wish i could say the same for myself !!,i think that she has no tear stains because shes raw fed but she does get damp in that area as when she is itchy her eyes run but i dont mess with them i just paper towel then when they are wet then a couple times a week i will put nappy rash cream on them ,its a shame though as shes a prety bulldog with great shape,muscle tone and temperament but i know i cannot let her have her own litter ,wouldnt wish an allergic dog on anyone lol,karen

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Annie is just GORGEOUS! You are so great with her and I am proud of you for taking a step back. Sometimes that is all it takes. I was pretty obsessed with Gator's issues too but once I made sure his diet was excellent, he stabalized. We still have issues but he is looking good and feeling great and it is nice to just enjoy him and not worry about every tiny thing.

I second that sentiment...I've kept a daily log of my guy b/c I'm constantly searching for the "magic" combination to get him over being itchy.....sometimes I think he just has to see me and he gets itchy... I'm always checking him out to see evidence of itchiness and he obliges me with furious scratching....??? Sometimes I just get weary thinking about it.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i too wonder if they get to like the attention,if we have visitors she goes into hyper itch!!!!,and yes its so tiresome thinking about a bloody itchy dog hope you guys dont mind that little british swear word lol,her very last supplement came this morning,i had researched it last week before i decided to STOP STOP STOP researching itchy dog lol,its emu oil ,and she went crazy for it its very thick and creamy !!,so now shes on colloidal silver but only for a week,bovine collostrum for 2 weeks ,and emu oil for good ,high dose for a week then a maintenance dose ive decided on emu oil as she reacts to fish ,knowing this dog she will grow feathers ,become 6 feet tall and lay blue eggs!!!i tell you anything for attention ha ha ,karen

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] that picture of her is gorgeous! Even if she is an itchy girl she looks fabulous. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] What a beauty! She looks marvelous, great job with her, plus my hats off to you for not breeding her and taking a chance on passing that on to her pups, even though it may not, no sense taking a chance. I wish more people were like you, then there would not be so many sick bullies around. People should only breed to better the breed and not just for money. OK I'm off my soap box. :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.