dogs with allergies

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
after almost 10 months of annie itching i have come to the conclusion she will always be an itchy dog,i just treat the symptoms now ,hotspots with colloidal silver also in her water which she drinks now ,collostrum for 14 days ,and i am starting her on emu oils when i get the order,she will stay on the oils but am stopping researching what i can give her ,im going to relax a bit now and just chill when it comes to her itching,though she seems to be itch free for up to 3 weeks then its back for 1 week its all very strange,so my plan is throw away her food diary as i know the meats that make her more itchy they are chicken,pork,fish,lamb,yoghurt,cheese ,i will continue to raw feed her ,ox heart,kidney,liver,rabbit,duck and beef,gorge her on a saturday and fast her on a sunday,bath her fourtnightly in malaseb and give her plenty of excersize,i seem to spend all my spare time surfing all the websites on dog itching!!!,like a woman possesed ,i constantly talk dog itch and sometimes dream about it how sad is that,i have to get a life :lol:i love my dog dearly but i also have 4 grandaughters and at the moment they seem to come second to my dog!!!,i am going to get annie a doggy friend but not a bulldog ,i have had many bulldogs over the years and have never experienced problems like this ,so im thinking a standard poodle but will research the health problems the breed may have OMG more research must be addicted:D,i did think at one point that annies itch had turned into a psycological itch my old man and my sons are still convinced of this so who knows if i chill she may chill:lol:,
010-1.jpg
,karen

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Well you must be doing something right cause that picture of Annie is phenomenal!!! I didn't realize she had grown into such a magnificent specimen of a bulldog till now.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
oh thankyou very much,shes a very prety bulldog and in perfect health but for her allergy ,would have loved her to have her own litter but given her problem it would not be fair on any offspring if her allergy were passed on ,plus i wouldnt want any bully parent to go through the daily itch listening,its upsetting cos i wanted to show her and breed her she was going to be my foundation bitch but hey poop happens so shes just my pet lol,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] well karen i will tell you that you are doing something right because annie looks great and further more you are an awsome bully mom to her. give yourself a pat on the back because i remember when annie was always itchy and you got very little break in between so its a testament to you care that she gets 3 weeks of itch free life.

also i want to say yes hon take a break. stop stop stop. i to have a pet that is just constantly something. not what you have experienced with annie but for the last 4 years it has been one thing or another with sarah. im sure you have read some of the thread so i wont go into it again but my point is now that i have sarah pretty stable well for her that is i have taken a break myself from the constant worry and searching that goes into having a pet that you are trying to make better. when sarah got better i just stopped doing anything to her for a bit. i think i took like almost a month off from the constant ritual that i had to do for her twice a day. i still kinda checked on her but i did very little to her except what was necessary. i cant tell you how good that felt and how relaxing it was to me. i actually kinda went overboard and had to get back into checking some of her stuff on a regular basis but it is nowhere near the stress it was. she feels better as i dont get the stink eye everytime i come near her and i feel better just to have my life back. i myself have felt like omg i dont want another bully but once you relax and enjoy the times that she does not itch you will enjoy the breed more.

my hats off to you karen for all you do for annie. but do for yourself and your grandkids to. you will have a better life for it. :hug:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Karen, you are a wonderful bullie mama! Annie is beautiful and she is such a dear. :luv:

You could absolutely be correct that it is more a psychological issue. She might have just "gotten in the habit" of itching or feels stressed. Relax and enjoy your beautiful girl and also your family! You do so much for Annie and give her all the best, now you need to do the same for yourself!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bulldogs are OCD so it very well could be psycological

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
well to be honest she is obsessed with shadows,bin liners,carrier bags and lots of other useless crap lol,her mind is constantly on the go ,the only time i see her quiet and calm is on her fasting days when she actually does rest,so perhaps as i relax regarding her itch then she may,the breeder said that i give her too much attention lol,and perhaps a doggy friend will keep her occupied,thanks for your replies ,karen

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] I have to agree with the rest of the comments she looks fabulous, she should have all those close up shots and more. She really looks like all the work you have put in has made a impact in her health. Congratulations and I'm sure she loves you more then anyone. :luv:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Annie does look fab...When I had Rollo (foster) he was a licker. ON the advice of someone else I went to walmart and got something called Pears in a blue box. I gave one a day with food. Basically his licking and scratching went away. I know that some use NuVet in addition to the pearls with good results.

OP
karenben

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Annie does look fab...When I had Rollo (foster) he was a licker. ON the advice of someone else I went to walmart and got something called Pears in a blue box. I gave one a day with food. Basically his licking and scratching went away. I know that some use NuVet in addition to the pearls with good results.
thanks i will take a look,karen

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
after almost 10 months of annie itching i have come to the conclusion she will always be an itchy dog,i just treat the symptoms now ,hotspots with colloidal silver also in her water which she drinks now ,collostrum for 14 days ,and i am starting her on emu oils when i get the order,she will stay on the oils but am stopping researching what i can give her ,im going to relax a bit now and just chill when it comes to her itching,though she seems to be itch free for up to 3 weeks then its back for 1 week its all very strange,so my plan is throw away her food diary as i know the meats that make her more itchy they are chicken,pork,fish,lamb,yoghurt,cheese ,i will continue to raw feed her ,ox heart,kidney,liver,rabbit,duck and beef,gorge her on a saturday and fast her on a sunday,bath her fourtnightly in malaseb and give her plenty of excersize,i seem to spend all my spare time surfing all the websites on dog itching!!!,like a woman possesed ,i constantly talk dog itch and sometimes dream about it how sad is that,i have to get a life :lol:i love my dog dearly but i also have 4 grandaughters and at the moment they seem to come second to my dog!!!,i am going to get annie a doggy friend but not a bulldog ,i have had many bulldogs over the years and have never experienced problems like this ,so im thinking a standard poodle but will research the health problems the breed may have OMG more research must be addicted:D,i did think at one point that annies itch had turned into a psycological itch my old man and my sons are still convinced of this so who knows if i chill she may chill:lol:,
010-1.jpg
,karen

What a beauty!

Heather w/Tapatalk app

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Annie is just GORGEOUS! You are so great with her and I am proud of you for taking a step back. Sometimes that is all it takes. I was pretty obsessed with Gator's issues too but once I made sure his diet was excellent, he stabalized. We still have issues but he is looking good and feeling great and it is nice to just enjoy him and not worry about every tiny thing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.