Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dogs with allergies

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dogs with allergies

Annie is gorgeous! For someone so iychy she aure has gorgeous skin, coat and absolutely no tear stains! How do you do that?

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    after almost 10 months of annie itching i have come to the conclusion she will always be an itchy dog,i just treat the symptoms now ,hotspots with colloidal silver also in her water which she drinks now ,collostrum for 14 days ,and i am starting her on emu oils when i get the order,she will stay on the oils but am stopping researching what i can give her ,im going to relax a bit now and just chill when it comes to her itching,though she seems to be itch free for up to 3 weeks then its back for 1 week its all very strange,so my plan is throw away her food diary as i know the meats that make her more itchy they are chicken,pork,fish,lamb,yoghurt,cheese ,i will continue to raw feed her ,ox heart,kidney,liver,rabbit,duck and beef,gorge her on a saturday and fast her on a sunday,bath her fourtnightly in malaseb and give her plenty of excersize,i seem to spend all my spare time surfing all the websites on dog itching!!!,like a woman possesed ,i constantly talk dog itch and sometimes dream about it how sad is that,i have to get a life i love my dog dearly but i also have 4 grandaughters and at the moment they seem to come second to my dog!!!,i am going to get annie a doggy friend but not a bulldog ,i have had many bulldogs over the years and have never experienced problems like this ,so im thinking a standard poodle but will research the health problems the breed may have OMG more research must be addicted,i did think at one point that annies itch had turned into a psycological itch my old man and my sons are still convinced of this so who knows if i chill she may chill,,karen
    What a beauty!

Heather w/Tapatalk app
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Annie is just GORGEOUS! You are so great with her and I am proud of you for taking a step back. Sometimes that is all it takes. I was pretty obsessed with Gator's issues too but once I made sure his diet was excellent, he stabalized. We still have issues but he is looking good and feeling great and it is nice to just enjoy him and not worry about every tiny thing.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

mmmm its hard to not research potential cures but to be honest ive been kidding myself lol,i know that once a dog has an allergy it usually switches to other allergens,but i suppose shes eating well and hasnt had a carb in months wish i could say the same for myself !!,i think that she has no tear stains because shes raw fed but she does get damp in that area as when she is itchy her eyes run but i dont mess with them i just paper towel then when they are wet then a couple times a week i will put nappy rash cream on them ,its a shame though as shes a prety bulldog with great shape,muscle tone and temperament but i know i cannot let her have her own litter ,wouldnt wish an allergic dog on anyone lol,karen

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Annie is just GORGEOUS! You are so great with her and I am proud of you for taking a step back. Sometimes that is all it takes. I was pretty obsessed with Gator's issues too but once I made sure his diet was excellent, he stabalized. We still have issues but he is looking good and feeling great and it is nice to just enjoy him and not worry about every tiny thing.
    I second that sentiment...I've kept a daily log of my guy b/c I'm constantly searching for the "magic" combination to get him over being itchy.....sometimes I think he just has to see me and he gets itchy... I'm always checking him out to see evidence of itchiness and he obliges me with furious scratching....??? Sometimes I just get weary thinking about it.

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

i too wonder if they get to like the attention,if we have visitors she goes into hyper itch!!!!,and yes its so tiresome thinking about a bloody itchy dog hope you guys dont mind that little british swear word lol,her very last supplement came this morning,i had researched it last week before i decided to STOP STOP STOP researching itchy dog lol,its emu oil ,and she went crazy for it its very thick and creamy !!,so now shes on colloidal silver but only for a week,bovine collostrum for 2 weeks ,and emu oil for good ,high dose for a week then a maintenance dose ive decided on emu oil as she reacts to fish ,knowing this dog she will grow feathers ,become 6 feet tall and lay blue eggs!!!i tell you anything for attention ha ha ,karen

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

@karenben that picture of her is gorgeous! Even if she is an itchy girl she looks fabulous.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@karenben What a beauty! She looks marvelous, great job with her, plus my hats off to you for not breeding her and taking a chance on passing that on to her pups, even though it may not, no sense taking a chance. I wish more people were like you, then there would not be so many sick bullies around. People should only breed to better the breed and not just for money. OK I'm off my soap box.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads