Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think it only comes one size...pretty big! Bigger than a tennis ball...smaller than a softball.

I'm going to try the small ball for Orion. The only thing about the slow feeder is it's plastic. I would rather use stainless steel..and instead of a wine box...an elevated feeder.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
So happy our prayers where answer and she is on her way to recovery!! [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I feed Mocha Natural Balance LID no grains, this food has work wonders on Mocha and She has never had a problem with it.
If you are thinking of feeding kibble , and are worry about it being dry ,you can always add can food to it. I do this at dinner time to Mochas food. I add 1 or 2 tablespoons of it to her kibble and mix it in(she also gets Grizzly Salmon Oil and 1\2 tablet of her Glyco Flex III at dinner time in her food). You can also add an egg(raw if you wish). I see that you have Fromm at home and many members here love it and it is great on Bullys. Introduce it slowly and she wont have tummy problems. Her poo will change so dont panic that is normal. Think about what is best for you and her and what you feel most comfortable doing.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm going to try the small ball for Orion. The only thing about the slow feeder is it's plastic. I would rather use stainless steel..and instead of a wine box...an elevated feeder.
It helps sooo much. It moves around the bowl and he pushes..pushes with his nose. See..I didn't even realize there wre different sizes!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank you [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION] She still has a long road ahead of her trying to figure out why she developed pulmonary edema, but I just have to take it one day at a time.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
personally, I would stay with the ground raw, small meals to start with again. You're a good mum. relax a little and love her a lot. lots of huggies and kisses. she'll love all the attention, you know that. keep the little one calm. and yourself. she looks scared in the hospital pictures. hope you can get a few days off work for the recoupe time. I have nothing to add from experience. still sending those prayers

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
dogs can aspirate on anything its nothing you did,any raw is better than kibble in my opinion so grind the raw up,feed egg shell instead of bones,ive never tried a slow feeder but it may be worth a try ,karen

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I'm so glad she's over the crisis and beginning the healing phase. Please don't be so hard on yourself (I'm a champion second-guesser when it comes to what I could have done better with this or that) it serves no good purpose and takes from your energy reserves. It's obvious that you've done your homework and are doing the best for your dogs from a place of love...that's all any of us can do. Sending more prayers your way.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It's great to read that things are improving.

Bo is a gulper; he even choked one time as a puppy - scared me to death. I soften his kibble with a hot hot water + canned food (Wellness Duck + Sweet Potato) gravy. It slows him down quite a bit and, I imagine, makes the kibble (Nature's Balance Duck / Potato) slide down easier because it's softened. I tried putting a big rock in his bowl - to test the slow feeding ball device - and he just made a mess with it. ha ha

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery...she looks so precious in her pics. I'm so glad so many here have been able to help with their info. Get Well Soon Katara!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I say go with whatever makes you feel comfortable. Just give her smaller portions of food until she is better. Whatever diet you choose for her should be what you are confident with.

I hope she is doing better today, these guys have a way of going from completely sick to a whole new dog in just a couple days. Their healing process amazes me sometimes!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Glad she is doing better!!! Not sure if the surgery is the same, Miila had en elongated pallet and did have that surgery when she got spayed. It was not expensive, they lazored it and she didnt seem bothered by it at all. Having had her cherry eye tacked and getting spayed at the same time I dont think she noticed the pallet surgery. Cant remember the actual cost for it but I think maybe $200-ish. Would have to dig up paperwork to know for sure. I know it wasnt much. Having all 3 surgeries done and meds etc the total came to under $1000 if I remember correctly. Wish I could help with the feedings. Your baby is lucky to have you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well glad she is doing a little better. as far as her food, you need to do what makes you comfortable. I do not feed raw, but do not think that was the problem, but do think the bones had something to do with it. I just would not feed her bones unless you grind them up. Hugs to her and hope she gets well soon.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.