Katara is very sick, prayers please

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Katara sends her love and thank you's to everyone. She's coming home on meds , low activity and a bland diet? Here's my pretty girl
e15f80a3.jpg

a92c5de0.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Katara sends her love and thank you's to everyone. She's coming home on meds , low activity and a bland diet? Here's my pretty girl

So happy she is doing ok and is going home .... keep us posted and we'll continue to pray she has a good recovery

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I bet she was happy to see you. I'm sure everyone will be hoping for a speedy recovery

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so glad she is doing better and going home. I should go back and read thru this thread but I think you mentioned she had a small trachea. Chester had a snug 6, the vet that neutered him called him defective....he had special needs, but lived a normal life. Big hugs for you and your family. Katara is a fighter.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], yes they told me she had a narrow trachea. Can you tell me more about Chester and what his needs were? Thank you!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Aw, Katara is such a trooper! :luv: I am so glad she is able to come home with you. I bet being at home with her family will help out with healing! So glad to hear she is on the road to recovery.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Chester was a heavy, noisy breather, each breath was like it was labored. We got him when he was 5 mos. old and the breeder said all he needed was a palate clip when he was 1, which we had done by laser because it was so much easier on him. He would play normally and rough house but didn't have much stamina for going on walks. We had to watch him more than normal so he wouldn't overheat, and we kept his weight down. Keeping him on the slender side (for a Bulldog), not letting him get overheated, and walking him about 1/4 mile every day (with him setting the pace) helped him a lot. [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I so hope your Katara comes out of this fine.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] You were probably just denied because you are young and don't have much of a credit history, very common with loans and credit cards. I'm not sure I would be approved either. But it doesn't make it a bad program, they have to be cautious and pay their $$ so everyone else can use the same great service and have that peace of mind.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] What a sweet little face. Sooo glad she's coming home with you!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Glad to hear Katara is doing better. I read some where that bulldogs have 4 sites that can obstruct their breathing....pinched nostrils, elongated soft palate, laryngeal saccules and small trachea. The first three can be surgically corrected but the small trachea is something they have to live with. Watson had the elongated soft palate and laryngeal saccules dealt with by laser at 6 months old.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i am so relieved to read this. i have been keeping track of this hoping for a good outcome. im so glad she is coming home to moms care. give her lots of kisses and love which im sure you will do. i love the pics just sorry for the reason. keep us posted please.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, Katara still looks as cute as a button. Hoping and praying she continues to improve and you get to the root of all of this!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww....she manages to still be adorable even when she's not feeling well. Whatta cutie.

Glad she's on her way home [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION].... you'll feel better, she'll feel better and Aldo will have his sister back so he'll feel better. What a scare.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online