Katara is very sick, prayers please

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
So glad to hear some good news. Hopefully she is all better and can come home soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much for your prayers! I really really am grateful for all the support. Katara wass been taken off the oxygen at 12 after 12 hrs of being on it. She is still on lasix for the pulmonary edema and breathing treatments. The new x-rays show improvement to her lungs but the bones are still in her stomach and have not been digested. I am not sure why she is not digesting? I am still very worried for her, the vet seems to think she might be able to come home tonight if she does well off the oxygen. Aldo misses her a lot.

Thanks for the update... hope you are holding up OK. Give Aldo hugs --- we'll keep praying

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
* (The insurance industry is a bitter pill with me....grrrr....that's another thread)

I can soooo relate. I work primarily with billing insurance companies for nursing home care....I could rant for weeks in frustration.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION]...I doubt care credit would be able to work that out for you! You know..our emergency vets offer care credit right in their offices. You make a phone call and it's done right while you wait. But I agree, the best news is your sweet girl is going to be ok. And tomorrow..you give that insurance company the what's up. Then call or go online with care credit and get signed up. :hug:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] I am so very glad she is improving!!!! She will get better once she is home with you. What are they suggesting you feed her in the meantime??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the update, sounds like she is improving a little but has a long way to go yet. We will be thinking of her and hope her keeps improving. I know you are anxious to get her home and give some good lovin. The thing that concerns me is the bones still in her tummy, but hopefully they will digest soon, and not cause her a problem.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I know [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I am concerned too. She has had bones before ans never had a problem. I don't understand what is happening. All this is so against everything I believed about the RAW diet. I lost my Boston mix baby last year suddenly and She was only 6 I didn't understand it. I blamed it on the kibble and promised I would do better next time. I got these dogs and fed them almost exclusively raw and now this happens! I am so overwhelmed right now!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh wow ... I am only just finding this as I was so busy yesterday and didn't really get a chance to be on EBN!! I am so glad that she is feeling a little better, and it's a good sign that the vet believes that she is improving. These babies scare us so much don't they!!!

Did the vets show any concern about the undigested bones?? Maybe they just take a long time because her digestive system has shut down a little from being ill??

Keep us updated .. hugs and prayers for you!!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I really hope that she continues to improve!! You guys have been in my thoughts.

As far as CareCredit goes, I tried to get it when Delilah was sick and they would not give it to me. And even then it was going to be interest free for like 3 months then go up to 20% interest..

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I just caught up with this thread. Poor Katara! Did the vet say they think the pulmonary edema was secondary to choking? I hope she gets home soon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I really hope that she continues to improve!! You guys have been in my thoughts.

As far as CareCredit goes, I tried to get it when Delilah was sick and they would not give it to me. And even then it was going to be interest free for like 3 months then go up to 20% interest..

It's interest free for a specified period of time. The time they give you interest free depends totally on how much you are charging. You pay zero interest if you make your scheduled payments. They schedule the payments so it will be paid off in the subscribed amount of time. iF you don't pay it off in the allotted time...you DO pay their going interest rate. Plus you can have different amounts due at different times. I love it for the peace of mind...

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.