33979960.jpg

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
OMD!!!! I bet the bones is a good guess, hope the vet works wonders. hugs and good luck. prayers to you . for future , keep hydrogen peroxide on hand for inducing vomiting! one once should be enough .usually.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] do we have an update? how is your bully?

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank you guys! I just called to check on her, the tech told me she has been asleep the whole time she's been there. Still on oxygen and no more vomiting or bleeding anywhere. I saw her films, her lungs are pretty diffuse and not much air exchange was going on. I really do wonder if the chicken incident exacerbated an underlying problem she has. Katara pants way more than Aldo and unrelated to heat. I told the vet and she just blew me off. She says this was a near choking experience. Can the lungs really get this bad this fast? I think there is something more going on. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] She's at an emergency after hours hospital, the only way they would treat her is if I paid for expenses. I just have one credit card and maxed it out to pay for her stay. Do you know if care credit will reimburse me and put it on payment plans? That would be awesome! Katara has a pet insurance from work, I'm calling in the morning to see if any of this qualifies! Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. I'll give them 3 hrs and call again. Please continue to pray for us!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Goodness, you've had more than your share of upset lately. I hope it calms down and also that the insurance will cover a good part of the bill.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Will say a prayer and keep you in our thoughts, hang in there... (I've opened a care credit card for unexpected emergency vet trips...for what it's worth I've only had a good experience with the company).

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Oh am just reading all of this...poor Katara and poor you....:*( you are both in our thoughts and we are sending best wishes for a good recovery for Katara.

I also have used CareCredit and recommend them highly for those emergency high cost situations. I hope too that insurance will help. First and foremost, I hope your baby girl gets better.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
prayers are being sent your way and I am so sorry you are having to deal with this Goober aspirated when he was 16wks old and he went down hill quickly too, he ended up in emergency clinic for 4 nights I would pick him up there every morning and take him to my vet then transfer him back every nite took him awhile to get well again but since then he is now 8 1/2 and never been sick since then. Never a loose stool or anything. I know you are worried to death but at least she is at the vets

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers and positive thoughts for you and your baby

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just reading this for the first time. I'm praying for Katara too. Tate also had pulmonary edema when he was 10wks old after he was electrocuted...was in O2 tank for a couple days and given lasix to get the fluid out. He made it thru but i was scared as could be. I know it must be a most worrisome time right now but try to stay positive. Sending you :hug: !

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OH. my, I sure hope Katara gets well soon. We will keep her in our prayers and sending good thoughts her way. I hope and pray the next time you check on her she shows signs of improving. Please keep us post.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
*Sending positive thoughts your way*

With most insurance, after a deductible is met, the insurance kicks in. I hope this is the case for you. These kinds of situations is why we pay for insurance for crying out loud - right? (The insurance industry is a bitter pill with me....grrrr....that's another thread)

Please keep us updated. There are those of us who worry - really worry - about each other's dogs here. When Victor Y's Pepper was having pup problems, I thought of little else for a time.

Hang in there.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh Sweet Jesus, I'm just reading this and I'm in shock.... My prayers are being sent to you and Katara for strength to make it all good as new. Please Dear Lord, Please.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank you so much for your prayers! I really really am grateful for all the support. Katara wass been taken off the oxygen at 12 after 12 hrs of being on it. She is still on lasix for the pulmonary edema and breathing treatments. The new x-rays show improvement to her lungs but the bones are still in her stomach and have not been digested. I am not sure why she is not digesting? I am still very worried for her, the vet seems to think she might be able to come home tonight if she does well off the oxygen. Aldo misses her a lot.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.