Katara is very sick, prayers please

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I'm at work my mom just called me in a panic saying that Katara couldn't move her legs. I told her to get her and take her to the animal hospital. She called me back a couple min later saying that she was now up but she was throwing up blood! OMG! I fed her raw chicken bones, what if she punctured something because of that! I feel horrible! awful, no words to describe.. She could die.. and I am here at work.. I don't know what to do.. please pray for her!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG can you leave work?? I am so sorry, sending prayers your way...

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Oh no!!!!!! I am definitely praying for Katara and thinking of you guys. I really really hope that she is okay. Come on sweet girl! :heart:

I don't think the chicken bones would make her not walk..could possibly explain the blood but I wouldn't think the walking would be related to that. Keep us posted!!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I cannot leave work right now, I am in charge of the newborns. I am trying to get them out to their moms so I can run to her.. My charge nurse is giving me attitude. What is her problem? Not because she does not like dogs she can come say this does not qualify as family emergency!! :cursing:
At least I have my mom that can take her, normally the pups stay with my grandmother when my husband is not home and she wouldn't have been able to drive her.. so I am praying that whatever it is it was caught early enough. It was a long day for her, we had puppy training and lots of treats plus the raw food given in chunks and not ground like I normally do.. I wanted to help her teeth.. I just hope this does not kill her, I am so worried :cry:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Only good thoughts heading your way. I would not be hanging around....I would be leaving. :seeyou: I hope things work out and you can leave to be with your baby.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Prayers and hugs to you

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] try to be positive, I know is easier said than done, but she is at the hospital and they will figure out what is going on with your baby.Keep saying prayers and remember that God loves our furry babys too because we are all His creatures. We are all here for you:hug:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Any updates about her?? I've been thinking about you guys since I read this!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you so much, I left work, I left work and I am here with her. Just gave a kiss to her sweet face before they took her in for an x ray and more test. The vet says he thinks there is a perforation and aspiration too from the vomiting! OMG! I hope she makes it! I know you are praying for us! Thank you so much!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah had aspiration when she got sick and she got through it..I know how scary and rough it is. Hang in there!!!!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
The radiology was read by the vet. She says there is pulmonary edema, does not see an obvious perforation. She stayed at the hospital overnight under oxygen tent. 1700 dlls very possibly more. How am I going to pay for that. I paid it with the credit card but it's maxed out now. Well, I just hope she makes it, it's all that matters.. The radiology report also says her trachea is very small and narrow. I hope my baby has good quality of life.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ana..I'm so sorry you and Katara are going through this. I'm glad she seems more stable and it's very good news there is no perforation. I would like to suggest you get CareCredit. It's available through your vets or you can apply online. It's a special line of credit that is good only at vets..doctors..dentists..etc. it's interest free and they spread payments out or a couple years. You get instant approval. They ask you what limit you would like..but you can raise it if not enough. Good luck... :hug:

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg i just got on and saw this. im am sending many prayers your way. if not care credit then maybe they could do a chip in for her. i so hope to see better news when i check in later on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online