Aldo has a lesion on his neck. What could it be?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Three days ago I noticed this spot, it has not improved. I am treating it with apple cider vinegar in the mornings and neosporin at nighttime. The skin in this area seems thicker, raised and reddened. With blood particles? At the bottom but is not actively bleeding. I have not noticed any hair loss but the hair seems to clump together. The edges are delineated, I can feel the softer normal skin on the outside. I am worried, I am not sure if it's an allergic reaction, if he scratched and it's having a hard time healing or if it's something more serious. He will be 5 months old next week. He has otherwise a beautiful coat.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327601223.437340.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327601223.437340.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 149

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm not sure ..... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] Is that a hot spot ???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is it seeping clear/bloody puss? If so, hotspot. Commonly a reaction to food, behind the ears. The area needs air and to be cleaned with soap to dry it out. Best results would be to shave it. Any new foods or proteins added recently? Don't use neosporin because that will keep it moist- it needs to dry out.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I did notice pus yesterday but was not sure if it was pus or the neosporin. So I should shave it? Wash it? I first noticed it the day after the food coloring incident. I thought it was an allergic reaction to the soap since I hadn't bathed it before. Know I don't know.. I will shave it and use baby shampoo on him and see what happens.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION]! My poor baby bou! I shaved it as[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] told me and this is what it looks like under the hair, there is def some pus on the surface

Could the shampoo I used that day have caused this? Or you think it was their protein? I feed them raw chicken, eggs, buy I did give him treats for training some soft chewy zuke's brand. He had had them before but not as many.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327604429.082038.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327604429.082038.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 148

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Both my dogs have had that and usually it's an allergic reaction to something they ate. BabyGirl had a reaction to a couple if bites of sweet potato. Has he eaten anything new? You should keep a little journal of what they eat, snacks too.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] I need to do that with him; looks like he is very sensitive. I noticed it the day fter their bath; Arounnd that time fram I increased those treats. I did use another kind of treats with him on subsequent days and started feeding them kibble yesterday, so I'm wondering if the smal one on his tummy could be due to that. I just got a huge new bag of fromm food thats on its way, so not sure if I should even attemp feeding him that or sticking with the raw. So confused! For now I'm eliminating the treats for training and I'm using his own kibble to train him to see if It grts better and I can pinpoint to them. Out of everything I have done differently these last few days those treats are the only thing I used before that big hotspot developed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like it could be either the soap or the new treats. Yes it looks like a hot spot, if it does not get bigger it means you have already gotten it under control. If it gets bigger I would take to the vet so a steriod can be given, unless you have some panalog or topic steriod you can put on it? Do you have any antibacterial soap just to cleanse the area? Preferably surgeons soap, but antibacterial will work secondary.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I can get hibiclens at work! I work tonight so I'll try to bring some home! [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] will hydrocortisone cream work?

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], no it does not smell.. not at all, and it doesn't seem painful to him either.. do you think I should continue to apply ACV to it? you and [MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] seem to be big supporters..

Most Reactions