izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh dear, we went through this on Griz during the Summer of 2011. I thought the 85 year old surgeon did a terrible job , but what I didn't realize was that he had to take more then necessary to get it all. It was alarming to see the incision site. like 4" long. Thought's are with you for everything to turn out fine. I know how you feel.

Really praying that it's like Grizz's and surgery will take care of it. After the surgery, how did his recuperation go? I'm assuming you needed to keep him away from all your other pups, did you have to put him in a crate? Punkin's lump is located a few inches from his pee pee area, so I'm thinking it's safer for him in a crate so he won't jump on the couch and tear the stitches, because it's his fave sleeping spot during the day.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Geez, Poor Punkin! I will keep you both in my thoughts, give him smooches from Aldo and Katara. Keep us updated! I think crating him for the first few days will prob be beat so he can rest and heal sooner

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Jamie I am so sorry to hear this. I would keep him in his crate or in a room where he can rest for long periods of time, sleep helps heal faster. Hugs and prayers to you and your family... xxoo

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We will keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
c0ba9c39.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Praying all goes well and the single surgery resolves it. Try not to worry - it's soft energy - and anyway, Punkin needs your optimistic, inner pack leader!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Our thoughts are with you. Trust [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] to come up with a way to lift your spirits and make you smile!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Really praying that it's like Grizz's and surgery will take care of it. After the surgery, how did his recuperation go? I'm assuming you needed to keep him away from all your other pups, did you have to put him in a crate? Punkin's lump is located a few inches from his pee pee area, so I'm thinking it's safer for him in a crate so he won't jump on the couch and tear the stitches, because it's his fave sleeping spot during the day.

Actually his healing went rather quickly, I removed the stitches myself in 10 days. the other pups sniffed the heck out of him the first day. He want to play like a crazed nut and I would tell him very sternly, NO. ! I'm amazed at how well the quit doing things when I say a stern NO. They really understant that word. He didn't have to go into his crate much. as I recall. After the first few days, he had no real issues , no collar or cone, since the site was right behind his ear on his neck. Somewhere I had posted pictures of the before and after. He has so much skin in that area that I really wasn't worried about the stitches after the first few days. Peroxide for 4 days after surgery, nothing after that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So sorry to hear there has to be surgery .... hugs and prayers for a full/speedy recovery.

L

Lucy-licious

OH Jamie, I'm so sorry your going through this....hang in there sweety, everything will be just fine :hug:

Special big bully snuggles for you and Punkin from Lucy :hug::hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online