Question about Witch Hazel

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Is there anything I need to worry about using it in Chuy's face wrinkles. He has tear stains and I read that witch hazel is good since it is self drying. I just use baby wipes on Chelsea and she doesn't have any stains. I tried it for the first time this evening and just made sure not to have it too close to his eyes.

Thanks!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I personally have been using it for over a week now, I see no difference, but our trees are all in bloom so I don't think there is anything right now that would help with Vegas's runny eyes. He takes allergy pills everyday now and I wash his face every other day with Witch Hazel and the day in between just plain water and wipe real dry. I think the witch hazel was irratating his nose wrinkle when I was using it daily. Sorry I am of no help, just my personal experience.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just would'nt use it every day! It's a drying agent which is wonderful..but that means it dries! And their skin could get too dry. I personally, don't clean jakes wrinkles and things..lol..every day. I clean about 3 times a week.anything used too much can cause another problem. When I first started using it on my dogs ears, I used it every day. Once the pads were clean, I went to 3 times a week, now I do it once a week. Just keep it away from their eyes..like everything else!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I use it only once a week on Mocha. Its great!!! Works wonders. I use wipes and washcloths during the week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use it once a week, other wise I just use a unscented baby wipe

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We have only used the witch hazel a couple times...witch hazel one day and baby shampoo the next alternating. I think they look a little better already but it could just be in my head...lol

First day home
100_1430.jpg

This evening
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTYtMjAxMjAxMjQtMTgyNy5qcGc.jpg

bullyloverforlife

Jan 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie and Teddy
I talked about eye "goobers", and afraid about "yeast" with the old Blue Buffalo causing problems, but we don't have this problem with skin folds, all you have to do is add at tad of tylosin as tartrate on their food, it prevents yeast in skin folds and bacteria which causes the tear stains. We call that one...Tear No More.....LOL It's an organic form of "Angel Eyes" which is very expensive, and you don't need their additives of protein with our bulldogs. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like or PM me here, I can just forward e-mails to our pharmacy much easier from my own e-mail....

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
I am so glad I found this forum! Thanks for the info on the witch hazel,going to buy some today!:)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I need to try some Witch Hazel. I want to try using regular wipes most days and using it one or two days a week. It seems like it really helps!

Most Reactions