BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
Hey guys,

Hope you guys can give me good info. Biggie's nose has been a bit dry for a while, I bought this product for it and it's working well but Biggie has been scratching it off his nose and because it has been chapped for a while I'm guessing, A lil piece of the black part came off completely.

My question is, will that part grow back? If so, how long would it take? and is there anything i can do to speed it up?

Thanks guys!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I dont know about the piece that came off. I would keep putting what your using on it but maybe use a little neosporine too. I find that bagbalm works great also. Another thing, clean the area well before applying.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i believe it will grow back. sarah had part of her nose kinda bit off by my boston when they got into a fight and it has completely grown back. i dont know of any way to speed this up however. i use vaseline on my dogs nose but i know many here use something called snout soother that is supposed to work much better. i think i did put some peroxide on hers but she had other cuts as well. maybe some neosporin would be of use here. good luck.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have had good results with aquaphor. But I don't know on speeding up the grow back. HRH had a spot that looked bad last year, but this year it looks fine. I really didn't notice how long it took to grow back.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not much to add... but I agree it will grow back, just no way to speed it up.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Neosporin is all I can' think of to put on while it's healing. But do get Biggie some Snout Soother. It's absolutely wonderful for dry noses and a little goes a LONG way. I got it for my old dog who just passed and it worked wonders for him. I use it on Wilson too occassionally. I think it was @Davidh that turned me on to it. Just google it, you can get it just about anywhere online. I think Carolina Pet Pantry has it too, just can't recall right now.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I just applied the snot soother again this morning, I use it about 2-3 times a week. I used to use Vaseline. that worked too, but Snot Soother is better. It makes the nose much softer and more conditioned.

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you guys so much, I truly appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart. Seriously. You guys rock! I MEAN THIS! xox!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Hope Biggie's nose feels better soon. Like others, we use the Snout Soother and it is great. But if I can't find it or run out, I use Vaseline as well. I especially apply them generously at night.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I just ordered some Snout Soother because Bre has a seriously dry nose, [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] gave me a good review of it. Good luck with Biggie...such a handsome boy! :)

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys!

Sidenote: Im on Bully Booty Duty... talk about a motivation to post more lmao!!!

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Better, slowly healing. Still very dry unless I put the vasoline on.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Glad to hear that it is healing up! It usually does grow back, I've seen dogs that have had that happen before. When Delilah's gets too dry, I dab a bit of vaseline on it and that seems to work for her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.