Brooklyn's eye

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So. Doesn't seem to be an infection since it's only in one eye. They put stain in to see if there was a scratch, but there was nothing, no scratch or foreign debris. Then they did an eye pressure check to rule out glaucoma. Both eyes were in the normal pressure range but the affected eye was on the very low side and the non affected eye was on the higher side. So that means no glaucoma but some other irritation affecting the pressure. So there is no for sure diagnosis, she thinks it was injured but not a deep enough scratch to show with the stain or a scratch in a place she couldn't see. She gave us steroid/antibiotic drops to reduce any swelling and prevent any secondary infection. Should be all gone within a week. :yes:

GREAT news... so happy it is not as serious as it could have been. Keep us posted on her progress

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well now you have peace of mind at least!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im late as usual but im so glad she is going to be ok. better safe than sorry so its good you took her in. keep us posted

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
im late as usual but im so glad she is going to be ok. better safe than sorry so its good you took her in. keep us posted

Me too - but I love these threads where there's a problem, feedback and a solution/happy resolution all in one reading. I wish all threads were like that! Happy endings, you know?

Glad it's nothing serious!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I was going to suggest the eyelash thing also. Orion had an eyelash that was irritating her. I took her to one vet, they did a stain...nothing. So, a few days later I took her to another vet...sure enough. She had eyelashes scratching her eye and now her eye was ulcerated. To make matters worse, the drops the first vet gave me (neo/poly/dex) has a steroid in it and steroids exacerbate ulcers!

It's been since September..that's the last time she went in and had another eyelash removed. Just this morning I was tickling her and she sat up and swiped her paw across her eye. I'm hoping this doesn't continue...or it will be back to the dr!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.