KCS

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
Does any one have any familiarity with this?

I just very recently adopted a bully from a guy that wasn't taking care of her at all.

The vet has prescribed her an antibiotic ointment for her eyes for now because there are some ulceration issues but is supposed to start taking Optimmune on Monday. The vet I took her to this morning was out until a new shipment comes in.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oooh I keep hearing this. I got the very last tube of antibiotic eye ointment from my vet yesterday its a good thing he had one cuz I called A to Z vet suppy and they were out! My vet says they are getting hard to find and are on back order everywhere- I wonder why?

Tidus just went through having an ulcer (pretty bad one) and whatever it was seemed to possibly be contagious cuz now Molly got it too, but not nearly as bad- just a bit of fogging on her eye. So I consider myself lucky that I got this last tube.

You can also get some eye flush and eye lubricant at Walgreens to help keep the eye clean and well lubed. Even tho Tidus's eye is all better it is going through some boogery healing process still, so I am using those on him now rather than the antibiotic since it is healed.

I would call around to other vets and see if anyone has some in stock- just in case there is something going on with antibiotic eye ointment shipments right now!

OP
arimaeis

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
The vet I went to isn't going to be my regular vet, he just happened to be open on Saturday and she's a very recent addition. I'm going to call my vet on Monday and see if she has some. The first vet said they are supposed to have a shipment Monday, but if there has been some sort of issue with getting eye meds it wouldn't surprise me if it's not there.

Thanks for the Walgreen's tip just in case I have to use that in the short term.

My poor Piggy's eyes look so bad that you would think she was 8 or 9 years old. The poor thing is between 2 maybe 3. I'm just glad I got her out of the situation she's in.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Havent dealt with eye issues thankfully but it does sound like you should try and stock up on that stuff if it is so hard to get. Poor thing, hopefully her eyes heal up fast.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.