Pls pray that it's only a fat deposit

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Prayers and good thoughts to you

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Ok, we're back and survived rush hour traffic in snow. :down: Didn't get the best news I was hoping for. The vet doesn't believe that it's a fatty deposit, rather an inflammation or a tumour. She took samples (2 needles, ouch!) to do a biopsy and will call us in a few days to discuss the results. She also gave us an ointment to see if it'll get smaller. They measured it to be 2x1cm.

Punkin did so well. Didn't pout or whimper when they were poking him. Such a brave guy. :luv:

The vet also mentioned that it's common for dogs to get some sort of lump in the nipple area. I'm going to stay positive and pray that it'll be nothing (and the vet was wrong!), but I'm going to give him extra lovin' in the meantime. :hug2:

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh dear, try not to worry too much. I know/ easier said then done. Remember that big ole thing they took off Griz this summer, on his neck? I grew into the size of a walnut in a matter of weeks, they removed it and got it all, it was negative, but still,,,,removed, and yes it is scary. We are in a support network here that is unmatched anywhere else. Hope all the news is good !:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, we're back and survived rush hour traffic in snow. :down: Didn't get the best news I was hoping for. The vet doesn't believe that it's a fatty deposit, rather an inflammation or a tumour. She took samples (2 needles, ouch!) to do a biopsy and will call us in a few days to discuss the results. She also gave us an ointment to see if it'll get smaller. Punkin did so well. Didn't pout or whimper when they were poking him. Such a brave guy. :luv:

The vet also mentioned that it's common for dogs to get some sort of lump in the nipple area. I'm going to stay positive and pray that it'll be nothing, but I'm going to give him extra lovin'. :hug2:

Prayers and bully hugs!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im late to this but im sending many good vibes your way. i was wondering was this actually on the nipple or like next to it. i was asking because sarah had something come up on her nipple a few months ago. it was round like a pea. we put some neosporin on it and after like 3 weeks or so it went away. i so hope its nothing.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I was counting on you guys to have a post on this subject. Arnold is going ot the vet this afternoon because he has a bubble gum ball size (dime size) lump on his shoulder blade. It moves and is non-tender. I think it has grown a little and maybe there is one under it. Of course, at this point I am in a panic and exaggerating everything. The nurse part of me know this is probably very benign but the mom pasrt of me is freaking out!!:shout::shout:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION] Oh dear, hope it's benign. I'd be freaking out too. Crossing my fingers it's nothing serious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] any update?

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny had one of these on his chest it started out the size of a pea and now its half the size of a golf ball, I took him to the vet and they did a biopsy there were no radical cells (cancer) so they said not to bother it, they said sometimes if you take one of these out it just comes back larger. Gunnys has stayed the same size now for about 3 years. I would have the vet look at it just to be on the safe side.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] He is a trooper!!! I will :pray: :pray: :pray: for your Boy! Best of luck :hug: to you and :hug: to Punkin from me, Brutus, and Chanel

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online