Bubba just started having head tremors

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
One of mine got head tremors the first year of his life. We were told to give some plain vanilla yogurt or some ice cream and if you don't have that a teaspoon of karo syrup will do.. It seemed to help. They last for about a year and now he is 3 and hasn't had anymore. Good luck with your baby it is very common in bulldog's and doesn't seem to have any lasting effects whatsoever. And no most vets have not a clue unless they deal directly with bulldogs all the time which isn't easy to find. You should keep track of the tremors and if it gets worse over time you should seek further help.
Roanne

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Glad I saw this thread & the info about head tremors. Penny has had it happen twice in he last few months...both times when she was over excited. Once over a remote control helicopter & then over a basketball air pump (silly dog...). It started with quick small tongue movements & then went on to her jaw. As soon as we removed the excitement it stopped. I wondering if it could be excitement. Thanks [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] for mentioning the tremors that [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] & [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] experienced with their bullies.

[MENTION=4097]Jreed82[/MENTION], welcome to the board & I hope you find the answers you need about your boy!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

This is the video I took of Maggie having a head tremor ... it was over the excitement of being offered a treat which in this case was a baby carrot!!

You are going to hear all kinds of different theories on what causes them ... but as many on here have already said there are a number of different things that can make them suddenly happen.

Maggie doesn't get them often, the one we taped was the last one she had until just before Christmas when she suddenly had another very minor one.

Given how common these head tremors are, and not just with english bulldogs, I am amazed how many vets there are out there who don't seem to know what they are, and go rushing into the conclusion that the dog is having a seizure!!! :nope:

OP
J

Jreed82

Jan 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Bubba head tremors tend to come from no excitement.. He is having them in the morning when first waking up or if he wakes up in the morning... The majority of them have been on the short end only one was longer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jreed82

Jan 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
The one strange thing I have noticed however is that they said bulldog tremors usually involves shaking their head in a no motion where bubba has been doing it in a yes movement.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Can someone post my video of Vegas head tremor from a few weeks ago? Im using phone...Seattle is in a state of emergency.. Power out, trees falling, ice, wind storms....

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
Bonez went about 2 months without having one....when had one day before yesterday.... he has his when he is about to go to sleep..... we did have the blood tests done just to be on the safe side and they were ok .. the older he is getting the longer in between each epsidoe is getting.....some grow out of it so i am keeping my finger's crossed welcome to the nutty site:D

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
My Gracie also has the head tremors. Hers started a few months ago. Only happend about 4 or 5 times and appear when she is relaxed and about to go to sleep. Her head bobs in a 'yes' motion. She does not seem to be disturbed in anyway.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
[MENTION=4097]Jreed82[/MENTION] Chunk gets head tremors too ... here's a video from just about a year ago of one of them ... this one was after he had eye surgery. We had him on Benadryl and found that was what was causing them for him at the time. He has had them at other times (before we got him - his previous owner said it was also from a medication) and we've also found that certain foods seem to trigger them. We are still on the search for the food that works best for Chunk ... so every once in a while the head tremors come back during a food change. Ugh. It's torture to watch but we've been told it doesn't hurt them, it's just annoying (like how an eye twitch feels to us). We give Chunk some vanilla ice cream, yogurt or peanut butter to help stop them. Or I just talk to him and give him loving and that helps too. Anyway, here's a video.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.