Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bubba just started having head tremors

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bubba just started having head tremors

@Jreed82 , yes , it happens around the age of 2. Mocha had her first tremor when she was 10 or 11 months old. She doesnt get them often(thank God) and they do not last a long time. She is completlly alert and I usually snap her out of them by offering her a drink in a cup (you may also offer a treat) I offer her milk(not a lot of it just enough to get her attention) Dont worry, he will be ok
    LisaMarie

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Jreed82
    First thing on your list of things to do is find a bulldog vet. They would know right off the bat that these are head tremors and that they are very common. You did an awesome job with providing videos...and I'm just flabbergasted that the vet had NO insight.
    In my experience..since Vegas has both seizures and head tremors, tremors usually can be caused by excitement (@kazzy220 Maggie had tremors over carrots) (@KMARINO Vegasb has tremors over someone touching his stinky monkey) OR it can be low blood sugar related. These guys have fast digestive systems, which can cause an imbalance of glucose levels in the blood. Plain yogurt is another treat to help raise the levels.
    In the case of VegasB...you just have to leave his stinky monkey alone. No Touchy touchy.
    There are different triggers for the head tremors....some of us have found those triggers and some of us have not.

Good luck with your pup. And please, consider finding a more experienced vet...one who knows about the bulldog breed.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@Libra926, thank goodness that was the only head tremour Vegas had over Joe playing keep away with Stinkey Monkey. Monkey is DEFINITELY a NO touchy-touchy!!!! When My son brings his dogs over I put Monkey in the bedroom and shut the door just to insure he is not taken or played with by the other dogs.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby, Pebble and Stella
    Likes (Received)

One of mine got head tremors the first year of his life. We were told to give some plain vanilla yogurt or some ice cream and if you don't have that a teaspoon of karo syrup will do.. It seemed to help. They last for about a year and now he is 3 and hasn't had anymore. Good luck with your baby it is very common in bulldog's and doesn't seem to have any lasting effects whatsoever. And no most vets have not a clue unless they deal directly with bulldogs all the time which isn't easy to find. You should keep track of the tremors and if it gets worse over time you should seek further help.
    Roanne

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Glad I saw this thread & the info about head tremors. Penny has had it happen twice in he last few months...both times when she was over excited. Once over a remote control helicopter & then over a basketball air pump (silly dog...). It started with quick small tongue movements & then went on to her jaw. As soon as we removed the excitement it stopped. I wondering if it could be excitement. Thanks @Libra926 for mentioning the tremors that @kazzy220 & @KMARINO experienced with their bullies.

@Jreed82, welcome to the board & I hope you find the answers you need about your boy!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

This is the video I took of Maggie having a head tremor ... it was over the excitement of being offered a treat which in this case was a baby carrot!!

You are going to hear all kinds of different theories on what causes them ... but as many on here have already said there are a number of different things that can make them suddenly happen.

Maggie doesn't get them often, the one we taped was the last one she had until just before Christmas when she suddenly had another very minor one.

Given how common these head tremors are, and not just with english bulldogs, I am amazed how many vets there are out there who don't seem to know what they are, and go rushing into the conclusion that the dog is having a seizure!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba
    Likes (Received)

Bubba head tremors tend to come from no excitement.. He is having them in the morning when first waking up or if he wakes up in the morning... The majority of them have been on the short end only one was longer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba
    Likes (Received)

The one strange thing I have noticed however is that they said bulldog tremors usually involves shaking their head in a no motion where bubba has been doing it in a yes movement.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Can someone post my video of Vegas head tremor from a few weeks ago? Im using phone...Seattle is in a state of emergency.. Power out, trees falling, ice, wind storms....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

Bonez went about 2 months without having one....when had one day before yesterday.... he has his when he is about to go to sleep..... we did have the blood tests done just to be on the safe side and they were ok .. the older he is getting the longer in between each epsidoe is getting.....some grow out of it so i am keeping my finger's crossed welcome to the nutty site

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

My Gracie also has the head tremors. Hers started a few months ago. Only happend about 4 or 5 times and appear when she is relaxed and about to go to sleep. Her head bobs in a 'yes' motion. She does not seem to be disturbed in anyway.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    Can someone post my video of Vegas head tremor from a few weeks ago? Im using phone...Seattle is in a state of emergency.. Power out, trees falling, ice, wind storms....
    Hope this is the right one --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JemF3J3Owsc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads