Wrinkles!

Sabrina

Dec 26, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Hi everyone. I'd like some information on how to clean Boris' wrinkles. My vet told me to mix equal parts of cornstarch and boric acid and apply it once or twice a day on his cute wrinkles. Besides, I've read that you shouldn't get wrinkles wet when you're giving bulldogs a bath but I've seen lots of pics of bulldogs with wet faces.
Let me remind you that I'm in Argentina and that some brands of products used to clean wrinkles may not be available here!
Thanks!! :D

Sab

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I use witch hazel on a cloth..It is self drying..Some use Malaket wipes available on Amazon.com...So use just baby wipes..

Are his irritated, red or smelly? Some use vagisil wipes if they are smelly

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi Sabrina! I use Maloket wipes too (Amazon.com). I have the same stuff in the bottle to apply to make up pads or a soft wash cloth.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We us Witch Hazel which is self drying. How is that cutie Boris doing? Have any new pix of hiim for us? ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I use Maloket wipes but I love witch hazel! You can put it on a Qtip and go inside wrinkles..or a cotton pad. It is self drying so you don't have to worry about moisture! Just as always, be careful around his eyes!witch hazel should be available..usually near rubbing alcohol and peroxide in dug stores. Use the witch hazel full strength...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you have gotten great wrinkle advice above so i will say i dont wash my dogs face when i give her a bath. i do her face completely seperate from that. wrinkles and moisture left inside them can cause yeast. thats just me. and welcome and yes more pics. what a cutie.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I use witch hazel on a cloth..It is self drying..Some use Malaket wipes available on Amazon.com...So use just baby wipes..

Are his irritated, red or smelly? Some use vagisil wipes if they are smelly

Hi Sabrina, I use all three: Witch Hazel on a cotton ball, Malaket wipes and baby wipes (fragrance free). Wilson's folds from the eyes are very wet so I clean them twice a day.

:welcome: to EBN! Boris is adorabull!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As everyone has said... witch hazel on a cotton pad or unscented baby wipes. Also, it is ok to ge the wrinkles wet, just make sure you dry them very well when done.

OP
Sabrina

Sabrina

Dec 26, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Thanks everyone!! I promise I'll upload new pics soon! x

OP
Sabrina

Sabrina

Dec 26, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Hahaha! Here you go! P1010240.jpgP1010244.jpgP1010246.jpgP1010247.jpgP1010248.jpgP1010251.jpg

OP
Sabrina

Sabrina

Dec 26, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Hahaha! Yes! He was trying to destroy his bed but we caught him red-handed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.