Red Ear??

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I hope everyone is doing well! I have a quick question for all of you bully experts! Yesterday I noticed the inside of one of Winston's ears is really red. He doesn't seem to be in any kind of pain because he lets me touch it and clean it with no issue and he is not scratching at it. Any ideas?? Thanks! :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Does it smell? Could be yeast. Someone with experience will be along soon!

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Sometimes sumo's ear gets red. I think she scratches it and then it gets irritated and then she scratches more. My vet gave me this solution that i put in her ears once and whenever it gets a bit red, i put a little in and seems to fix it! I'd ask you're vet for something similar. Its the best

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Infection
Yeast
Allergies
????
Im no expert but those would be my guesses. What to do about it I don't know... Sorry Im not more help

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would clean it well, I use witch hazel on a cotton pad, and watch it closely. Does it feel warm to the touch or smell? If not, I'd just clean every day and watch!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would do like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] suggested, just clean it and watch it.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
The redness in his ear is starting to go away. So I started thinking what I changed and he had gotten a box of milk bones for christmas so I was giving them to him this week and last week for his treats and I stopped yesterday when I saw the redness, maybe hes allergic??

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
It does not smell and is not any warmer then his other ear. I just cleaned it again so I will keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse I will call the vet. Thanks everyone! : )

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It does not smell and is not any warmer then his other ear. I just cleaned it again so I will keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse I will call the vet. Thanks everyone! : )

any change from yesterday?

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We have been cleaning it everyday and it seems to be getting better it is still a little bit pinker then his other ear but nothing like it was a few days ago! but while i was playing with him the other day i noticed when he went to scratch his collar (because he still hates it lol) he kept hitting his ear. silly winston probably scratched himself! i am just glad its getting better, thank you for all of your help! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have been cleaning it everyday and it seems to be getting better it is still a little bit pinker then his other ear but nothing like it was a few days ago! but while i was playing with him the other day i noticed when he went to scratch his collar (because he still hates it lol) he kept hitting his ear. silly winston probably scratched himself! i am just glad its getting better, thank you for all of your help! :D

Good to hear, er, read that it is getting better

akiladudley

Jun 9, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King
My bully has bumps and red spot and loss of hair can anyone help me out with this

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My bully has bumps and red spot and loss of hair can anyone help me out with this

Hello there. Sorry to hear about your bully. For us to help you, you would need to tell us a bit more details like....bumps where, red spots n loss of hear same place? How old is your bully, what does your bully eat, etc etc....can you take a photo of the issue n post it? Like that we can guide you better.

Most Reactions