RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I feed raw to my bully and his stools are less than half the size they use to be with kibble. This is a good thing. It means that the food is well absorbed in to the body. What comes out is waste, you know. More poop the more there is things in the food that the body can not use.
If the stools are getting too dry I add more meat or veggies and give less meaty bones and the problem is corrected next time the waste comes out.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I don't have anything to contribute to this - altho I agree with giving some pumpkin. That's always helps a dog be a smoother mover but what I really wanted to say was this: how DELIGHTED I am to have another dog poo thread going. It's been a long time. I've missed these riveting discussions on texture and quality! Hooray for dog poo convos!

:p

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
HI... we feed Duke this food as well and he has done wonderful on it.. he is in great shape.. bloodwork great and allergies are at bay BUT we did have this exact problem. he would go from crumble poop to too wet ?? then I changed and gave him 1/2 dry and 1/2 wet ( can ) this has worked well.. also we give him lots of ice cubes.. :) I think getting their bowels in order is one of the hardest things! :laugh:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
The next morning after posting this, I have been boiling some water in the tea kettle and pouring it on their food (letting it cool down of course :) ) The poops have been fine since. I didn't bother to try it since the last time I put hot water on their food, they wouldn't touch it (but that was a different dog food). They seemed to love it. I just don't get it..:nope:...they drink water, we give ice cubes...I suppose it's just that little bit more water that does the trick. I do give hardboiled eggs, no shells. That was another thing I was wondering about...The cholesterol in the egg yolk. Is that ok for them?

Most Reactions