HELP w/ Dog Toys

Candice Staples

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
George
My 15 month old, George is a very aggressive chewer. He has chewed through Kongs, Nylabone, even tires. But he loves to chew and it keeps him occupied. Does anyone know of any chew toys that are almost impossible for him to chew through? I am going broke trying all the " very durable " toys.:shout:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Have you tried the larger Nylabone Dura Chews with bumps and ridges? Our bullie Frank has been chewing on his for a while and he is very aggressive with his chewing. There is also a dinosaur, which is good because the odd shape keeps it moving around in their mouths. We have also had luck with large deer and elk antlers which last a long time. You just need to supervise them of course because if it gets small enough to swallow they need to be thrown away. Frank will gnaw at his for hours and will just cause tiny shavings to come off. Also, we like the very tough kongs, usually in the black colors, for very strong chewers. Have you thought about keeping him busy too with something he can't chew, like a large Kong Wobbler or a Jolly Egg?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Have you tried Goughnuts? Expensive at first but last forever, and have a lifetime guarantee in case they don't. Also West Paw Zogoflex toys. They also have a guarantee so if it gets wrecked you can either get a replacement or a refund.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The more aggressive the chewer, the larger the chew toy, we use extra large elk antler's from Yellowstone Antlers. $16.00 a pound, I get 4 pounds at a time, which is only 3 antlers, but I have five bully's , so I keep extra's around. Antlers don't chard and they are all natural. The marrow is yummy to them and is full of glucoseimin, which is also good for joints. My pack chew these until they tire out. The smaller size just didn't work for us, we need the x-large elk.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You have some excellent advise about, I do know the Dura chews from Nylabone and the black kongs are really tough to destroy. I have not tried the ones [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] was talking about but they sound pretty good, I may look into them for my gang.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great suggestions from @Biogirl and [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]. Not sure of the items [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] mention... I'll need to check those out too -- always looking for new stuff for Banks, very short attention span when it comes to toys.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Have you tried marrow bones....I replace them monthly but they really love them and takes forever for them and will chew on them all day. You just don't want to let them have the marrow too often because it is very fattening from what I have read. I have been giving them to my dogs forever. Even my 4 mastiffs can't break them apart. Sometimes they will get a little chip off but then it is so little I can't imagine them choking on it. Good luck!
Roanne

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Yes Im having same issues... Im tired of being the extra chew toy... Lol

Heather w/Tapatalk app

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.