For those who use douxo pads ..save money make your own

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I posted this for telly03 in response to another post. When Tyson had inter digital cysts I figured this out. I know the pads aren't super expensive but this is much cheaper and I will forget to reorder until I go to use them and they are out because I am oh so responsible.

After some research I figured out how to make my own douxo pads. Use gauze 4x4s or cotton balls what ever your preference. Go to cvs or walgreens and buy hibicleans. I buy the generic version. A bottle is about 6 bucks. You then mix it 3 parts hibicleans to 1 part water because the bottle is a 4 percent solution and duoxo are 3 percent. You can use your old douxo container and fill it with solution and gauze pads or jsut do what i do because I'm lazy and soak them whith the solution as needed. The bottle makes a ton of pads.

http://www.amazon.com/HIBICLENS-Chlo...3&sr=1-3-spell

This is the more expensive name brand version but you get the idea.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I posted this for telly03 in response to another post. When Tyson had inter digital cysts I figured this out. I know the pads aren't super expensive but this is much cheaper and I will forget to reorder until I go to use them and they are out because I am oh so responsible.

After some research I figured out how to make my own douxo pads. Use gauze 4x4s or cotton balls what ever your preference. Go to cvs or walgreens and buy hibicleans. I buy the generic version. A bottle is about 6 bucks. You then mix it 3 parts hibicleans to 1 part water because the bottle is a 4 percent solution and duoxo are 3 percent. You can use your old douxo container and fill it with solution and gauze pads or jsut do what i do because I'm lazy and soak them whith the solution as needed. The bottle makes a ton of pads.

http://www.amazon.com/HIBICLENS-Chlo...3&sr=1-3-spell

This is the more expensive name brand version but you get the idea.

Brilliant! Thanks :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Link didn't work for me... What is Hibiclens?
Thanx for the idea.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hibiclens is actually a surgical wash. Used in hospitals forever. Very good to kill bacteria. What surgeons wash their hands in. Of course..it's a stronger version,but my vet likes it if critters get any kind of skin condition and you can dilute a tiny bit for a face was too. Target has it and other drug stores

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I found that it is Chlorhexidine Gluconate . It is sold under lots of names.

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for posting this. I sent it to my husband. We are constantly using duoxo wipes as tank tends to get yeasty very easily. Its time to reorder them so this was perfect timing :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online