UK Big problem need US help

babsllondon

Jan 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
barbara (babs)
Hi Everyone

Thank you for reading my post, we have a year old english bulldog calls babs, she has had demodex mites since around 6 months, the big problem is the bath concentrate the UK vets use is called Aludex but it has been out of stock since march last year with a manufactuering problem

What we need is a US version of this so we can bathe babs in it and hopefully get a result

we have used advocate with good results in holding the mites but it has not got rid of them totally.

Please help we are in desperate need!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh dear, I am obviously of no use here my being in NW England., but there will be someone along before long who can help.
but :welcome: to EBN I hope you get what you need :)

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
one of the girls posted they use ivermectin in thier area.....found it on amazon.com you might be able to order it

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
or Goodwinol ointment. It worked for me. Got it on Amazon

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We used Interceptor for my guy's mange, about 6 weeks worth. I think it's normally a heartworm med.

Welcome to the site! Praying that you'll find a solution to the problem soon.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN.... good luck with Babs and I hope one of the suggestions you can get and works!

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
If you need the dip/bath - we used Mitoban dips for my Rocco when he had mange. The dips are not widely used here and most vets use the oral Ivermectin therapy. However if your demodex is considered widespread and not controlled than my vet would recommend having the dips. Rocco's treatment consisted of 3 Mitoban dips 2 weeks apart over 6 weeks to completely rid him of this mange. He hasn't had any re-occurrence since the dips which was about 8 months ago. The dips can be quite toxic and require the vet tech to monitor your pup for up to 4-6 hours following the dip to ensure no "neurological" symptoms. Rocco did not have any of these - thank god!

Would your vet be willing to provide a prescription to a US vet that could send it overseas to your vet's office for them to administer? If so, I'm happy to provide my vet's contact information for possible consideration.

Good luck!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
get in touch with tanya at bulldog rescue she works miracles with the rescue dogs especially with mange,im sure she will advise you,just google bulldog rescue uk,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.