Slightly worried about 6 week old pup

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
cut his feeds down to 3/4 daily but only small feeds,if hes on a quality food then the runs should pass ,but dont be switching and changing foods though thats not good,if you are going to change food though let him settle in for a couple of weeks then if you have to switch food do it very slowly,karen

OP
Lukeg28

Lukeg28

Dec 9, 2011
Thanks everyone,

I spoke to the breeder today and he said that the whole litter had the runs and it's down the then having there first injections on Thursday. - ive now also cut his feed down. Hopefully will see an improvement, he has been wormed 3 times already and I need to do it again in week 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
very well, please keep us posted on your beautiful new baby. and more pictures too. :meeting:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
6 times a day is a lot to feed at 6 weeks. This could be causing loose stool ,Like JAKEISGREAT Said, 3 times a day should be plenty, 1/2 cup each feeding, give him plenty of fresh water. He's going to need to go potty lots, about every 1-1/2 to 2 hours, if he has the runs it could be from puppy worms too. Here in the US we generally worm 3 times before 8 weeks old. Take a stool sample to the vet. I assume you have a vet appointment. Also let him rest when he wants to. Don't over play a puppy until they pass out. Keep him warm and hold him close to you. He's addoarabull.

Nothing to add... great info

OP
Lukeg28

Lukeg28

Dec 9, 2011
He's come out of his shell now, breathing and all is better as alot more playful, he has also been wormed again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's come out of his shell now, breathing and all is better as alot more playful, he has also been wormed again.

GREAT news.... enjoy your baby

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.