aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
After outside, Lola is just used to us wiping all four paws in the same order, her wee and her bum and her tailpocket. inside, round the corkscrew, she stays and takes it because i think she's just used to it being done every day since she was 3 months old :) they'll learn that its daily soon enough and it wont be a fight

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Thank u everybody for your great suggestions and kind words. I love knowing that on this site I will likely find someone with the same issues!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
After outside, Lola is just used to us wiping all four paws in the same order, her wee and her bum and her tailpocket. inside, round the corkscrew, she stays and takes it because i think she's just used to it being done every day since she was 3 months old :) they'll learn that its daily soon enough and it wont be a fight

That's awesome!

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
Sumo has a very tight tail as well. It had an infection and went unnoticed until it started to smell and was sticky :( it was a real mess to clean! now i use baby wipes and witch hazel to get in there. Sumo is pretty good at standing still. She always licks her lips when i get in there. Does anyone else's bullies do that? so funny

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Dolly licks the air when I get in there. She loves it! Three of the five have tail pockets. Scrimps and Jack are the lucky ones, no rope or tail issues ever. Dolly has a top pocket, where the fold is over the top of the tail. Griz and Peggy have bottom pockets where the tail is pocketed above the poohty. Yes, we have a routine everyday. Nose ropes , tear area, and tails. Don't forget between the toes. :yes: My time is consumed with wiping, no joke. Thank God hubby's the daily pooper scooper

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Sumo has a very tight tail as well. It had an infection and went unnoticed until it started to smell and was sticky :( it was a real mess to clean! now i use baby wipes and witch hazel to get in there. Sumo is pretty good at standing still. She always licks her lips when i get in there. Does anyone else's bullies do that? so funny

Guinness does the exact same thing! Funny Bullies

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] what do you use for the tear area? I am using witch hazel but neither one has seemed to improve?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My first eb had a inverted tail. It sounds like yours might be mostly inverted. I had to stick my finger up past the knuckle in his tail pocket. I cleaned it and dried it extremely well... sometimes twice/day. I used malabsorb (sp?) wipes in it. That worked well.

LeslieLain

Sep 12, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Marcy May
I just had to have Marcy's tailremovered. Just the end. She has a screw tail and it was "screwing" right into her body. Despite my very best efforts the vet convinced me that it was really her only option. $325.00 and 6weeks recovery and she is much better off for having it done. I watched the surgery if you want details (HA!) let me know. Do you trust your vet? that is so important. Bless your baby's butt:)

LeslieLain

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Sherry what do you use for the tear area? I am using witch hazel but neither one has seemed to improve?

I use all kinds of stuff actually, to keep them from running from me, I mix it up. Sometimes just a wet wash clothe and then dry very well. That's my favorite, thiers too. sometimes I use Bragg apple cider vinegar, sometimes I use witch hazel and sometimes baby wipes and sometimes mal-a-ket wipes. They never know what they're gonna get. But alwasy dry afterwards. It's just part of our lives that I accept will never change, it's the nature of the beast.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
This is a bit unrelated, but where can you get the witch hazel at? And does it help for drying out wrinkles too? I'd like to try it if it does! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is a bit unrelated, but where can you get the witch hazel at? And does it help for drying out wrinkles too? I'd like to try it if it does! :)

You can get it at any drug store, Target or Walmart -- it is great for wrinkle issues and tail pocket, but only use it once or twice a week on a cotton pad

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] awesome, I'll look at Walmart! Is it in the pharmacy?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Lots of good advice here. Luckily I have not had any tail problems with my boys. I can tell you though that long, long ago I drove 4 hours to look at a litter of pups and left without picking one because of the tails. When I got home my husband couldn't believe it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online