Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: There's something wrong with ALDO's tail :(

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: There's something wrong with ALDO's tail :(

@cowsmom oh cool! I'll check it out monday too! It will be easier not having to transfer the powder! Thanks everybody for your suggestions You are all awesome!!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bea's tail pocket is like you're describing....very deep. I can get the whole tip of my forefinger in there to wipe it out. I use the same thing DesertSkyBulldogs uses - those MalOKet wipes. Got mine at Amazon.com. It's really a daily activity for her and since we've been doing it since she was a wee pup, she holds still for the activity. (In the beginning, she got a treat every time for this. )

Bo has an "outtie" so his cleaning is limited to the "crease" between where the tail meets his bum. My EB Mable used to get sore/itchy there from time to time as evidenced by the "break dancing", I call it. (when there's nothing that needs to be expressed in there - obviously)

Bea was break dancing yesterday evening and it occurred to me that I hadn't been in there to clean in some days - four to be exact! Wow. It was a mess. I wiped until the cloth was clean after the last swipe thru there..... Won't be forgetting that again!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

WOW... you've received some great advice. We have issue with Banks' tail... we use baby wipes or a cotton pad with witch hazel, depends on how it looks, but mostly it is the witch hazel. There was a time when she was I think one/two years old where we feared having to remove it, but I was determined not to do so.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

After outside, Lola is just used to us wiping all four paws in the same order, her wee and her bum and her tailpocket. inside, round the corkscrew, she stays and takes it because i think she's just used to it being done every day since she was 3 months old they'll learn that its daily soon enough and it wont be a fight

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank u everybody for your great suggestions and kind words. I love knowing that on this site I will likely find someone with the same issues!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    After outside, Lola is just used to us wiping all four paws in the same order, her wee and her bum and her tailpocket. inside, round the corkscrew, she stays and takes it because i think she's just used to it being done every day since she was 3 months old they'll learn that its daily soon enough and it wont be a fight
    That's awesome!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sumo
    Likes (Received)

Sumo has a very tight tail as well. It had an infection and went unnoticed until it started to smell and was sticky it was a real mess to clean! now i use baby wipes and witch hazel to get in there. Sumo is pretty good at standing still. She always licks her lips when i get in there. Does anyone else's bullies do that? so funny

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Dolly licks the air when I get in there. She loves it! Three of the five have tail pockets. Scrimps and Jack are the lucky ones, no rope or tail issues ever. Dolly has a top pocket, where the fold is over the top of the tail. Griz and Peggy have bottom pockets where the tail is pocketed above the poohty. Yes, we have a routine everyday. Nose ropes , tear area, and tails. Don't forget between the toes. My time is consumed with wiping, no joke. Thank God hubby's the daily pooper scooper
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

ImAGuinneyPig

Quote Originally Posted by SUMOPUP View Post
    Sumo has a very tight tail as well. It had an infection and went unnoticed until it started to smell and was sticky it was a real mess to clean! now i use baby wipes and witch hazel to get in there. Sumo is pretty good at standing still. She always licks her lips when i get in there. Does anyone else's bullies do that? so funny
    Guinness does the exact same thing! Funny Bullies

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@Sherry what do you use for the tear area? I am using witch hazel but neither one has seemed to improve?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

My first eb had a inverted tail. It sounds like yours might be mostly inverted. I had to stick my finger up past the knuckle in his tail pocket. I cleaned it and dried it extremely well... sometimes twice/day. I used malabsorb (sp?) wipes in it. That worked well.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Bulldog(s) Names
    Marcy May
    Likes (Received)

I just had to have Marcy's tailremovered. Just the end. She has a screw tail and it was "screwing" right into her body. Despite my very best efforts the vet convinced me that it was really her only option. $325.00 and 6weeks recovery and she is much better off for having it done. I watched the surgery if you want details (HA!) let me know. Do you trust your vet? that is so important. Bless your baby's butt

LeslieLain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads