Am I feeding him enough?

Beauty

Jan 1, 2012
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Angus is now eating ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach. Although he is only 4 months old this is adult food. Everything other food has either given him itchy paws or the runs. I have been giving the recommended amount on the bag of 2 cups per day, however this amount is for an adult dog. Am I feeding him enough? How much should he weigh at this age? How much weight should he be gaining in a week? I can't judge by how hungry he is, he is bully & always hungry!

P1030540.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What other foods have you tried? Is this a purina product?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would look for an"All Stage" food. And definitely get away from Purina. Food is a trial and error thing but there are so many better choices than Purina.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i wont go into purina as you are having trouble with finding something to feed. you may want to check out the nutrition section and there is a dog food ratings chart in there to help if you decide to feed something else. purina is not very good food. ok i believe for puppies its 3/4 cup 3 times a day but im not positive. ive never had a puppy was trying to remember. also until someone else comes along to answer you may want to check out the eb nutrition threads and there should be some feeding guidlines for puppies threads in there or maybe in this section and just check back to the older threads. good luck and sorry i cant help more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=3982]Beauty[/MENTION] 3/4 cups three times a day.... if you can not do three meals do 1.5 cups 2x a day. also, Purina is not a good food, your boy is probably allergic to something in it. Check out the nutrition forum and read the dog food recommendations for a list of good foods to choose from.

angus is a very handsome bully!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=3982]Beauty[/MENTION] I see you live in British Columbia. I don't know what they have available there, but try to find a grain free dog food, check the labels to see the amount of food you should feed. 3 cups a day should be good. If his ribs are not showing and he has lots of energy, drinks enough water, has nice log like poohs, and no itchy scratch stuff, if you are satisfied he is happy, enjoy him, he is beautiful. Please post more pictures and welcome to EBN

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I don't think this food is going to help his allergies.. as others suggested, look into getting him a grain free kibble, there are several out there and do a slow change. Angus is beautiful!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.