Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Just a thought I wanted to check out with my friends here ........Do you think Bullies can be allergic to Cheese? I only ask coz Maximus gets cheese.......and I'm wondering if this is what is keeping his face red/pink. Some nights his face is really REALLY Red, and today his face had no hint of red or pink .......

Any thoughts ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Max? Is you avatar picture recent?

Yes, the can be allergic to cheese.... my boy Nitshcke was allergic to all dairy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, they can be allergic to cheese, just like anything else, plus some are lactose intolerant as well. Try not giving him some for a few weeks to see it that stops his face from turning red. Some times it's just a process of elimination.

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
Macy got ahold of my daughters string cheese. A very small piece i might add. It caused her to have major diarrhea.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maybe you should start keeping a food diary for Maximus and seeing if there is a pattern to things that make him worse.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
A blood allergy test would show you. Wilson proved negative when it came to dairy products. So he can still eat cheese.

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I think it's a combination of Cheese and Chicken that is/has caused Maximus' problems. Here all the time I thought it was the Dog food, when infact it was the cheese and chicken. So starting Today I am eliminating both to see if I see a difference .....I'll keep everyone posted, and Thanks for all the replies. I only asked
because a Vet told me that it is unlikely a dog would be allergic to Cheese. (DUH).

P.S. - No the avatar photo is not recent - that photo was taken when I just got Max and he was 4-months old. Today he is 2-years old!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah is allergic to cheese. Bf kept giving her joint pills in it. Wasn't till i gave her it in cheese s few times I figured it out. I hope this is the ticket for you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.