Uuggh!! All three dogs sick!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Ok..what I thought were allergies a few days ago..I don't think it is anymore! All 3 dogs hacking, coughing up phlem now! Gonna pic up antibiotics for all 3 today and to vets on Saturday. Reading some things online...It seems that they have either kennel cough or the dog flu! Prob picked it up at the dog park. Been up since 3 am! if one wasn't hacking,etc., the other ones were!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
ewwww,,, poor babies... and poor you too. Hope you find what it is and they get better quickly.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh no ! poor babies.. no fun when they are sick.. :nope: hang in there.. hope they all get better soon and you get some rest.. thinking of you

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I wasnt aware that dogs could get the flu!!!???? What will you give them? I hope they feel better in no time!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh no! Poor you and your babies. Reminds me of when all three of my kids had the chicken pox.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Just got through a round of antibx w/Finn who got what the dr. thought was kennel cough too. He was all stuffed up, had gunk coming out of his nose, then Tate started getting sx's as well. Luckily tho, he got better and didn't need meds.
You'll get thru it with your gang but i know it definitely ain't fun! Good luck!!

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
Sounds like kennel cough? Are they sort of dry heaving and hacking up white foam? Hope they feel better!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am sorry for you and your dogs, but this too shall pass! It is another reminder that the vaccine for kennel cough is like our flu vaccine, it doesn't necessarily prevent us from getting the flu.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
my vet loves to tell me just cause they have been vaccinated doesnt' mean they won't get kennel cough or dog flu. he says kennel cough vac only covers so many strains and just like the common cold there are tons of strains...no fun

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
THank you everyone for the well wishes! My vets office said I could just come in today and get antibiotics for all three. Did that. They didn't have the dogs come in ( since Bubba had an upper respiratory hx once before and all dogs all vacines for kennel cough which I didn't realize that I had done). They just put them on antibiotics and think that it's prob just a upper resp infection. Even if its the flu, they would still order antibiotics for that too. THey said that, with the drastic change in the weather lately, they have had many people come in with dog's having the same symtoms. I hope that's all it is. Will take 3-5 days prob to get better. Uuggh! THat means not much sleep! They told me to keep them in a separate part of the house, well, I guess I could do that but won't. Bubba is not trustworthy all that time alone :) and the other 2 always sleep with me. i know..they are spoiled but I just can't seem to do that to them! oh well. Weekends are meant for naps! lol Oh, btw, even though my vet doesn't have the greatest bedside manner they always do there best to save me money and NEVER overcharge. Hardly ever charge for office visit. Anyway, I don't know about in your state but in florida, the vet gave me a perscription and said I could go to a grocery store or Walmart and they have special deals for perscriptions. I paid $7 for a year to join their membership. MOst meds (including this antibiotic) are completely free along with refills if you join. The vet office suggested I do this instead of paying almost 60 bucks from vets office. I got all antibiotics and SweetBay supermarket for 7 bucks (including 4 refills if needed). Just a little info for you. [MENTION=2659]nyerathrt[/MENTION] Oh geez! I didn't know you could still get the cough even with immunization! Hopefully antibiotics will work!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online