Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do bullies get bruised? Weird black spot under Rocco's arm (see pictures)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Do bullies get bruised? Weird black spot under Rocco's arm (see pictures)

Thanks everyone for your input! I think you are all right that this is probably just a freckle - but since its my first one, and I need to take Rocco in anyway I will ask his vet. I will let you know the outcome. Have a great day!
    Rocco's Mom

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Do bullies get bruised? Weird black spot under Rocco's arm (see pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by KristinMarie View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input! I think you are all right that this is probably just a freckle - but since its my first one, and I need to take Rocco in anyway I will ask his vet. I will let you know the outcome. Have a great day!
    ha ha I was the same way.. as Duke got older he has like 20 of them now!!! as long as it is not raised I am sure is a bully freckle!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristinMarie View Post
    Nitschke was red/white and his belly/chest seemed to get new 'freckles' almost every day when he was 8-24 months --- ask the vet just to confirm, but as long as it is not raised, it should be fine and is a pigment change. Never hurts to check it out. Banks -- she is a freakled girl.... head to toe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

My macy is white and brindle. She is freakly too.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

From the photo it really does look like a bully freckle ... especially as it is flat and not raised or bumpy. You may see more developing under the fur if you continue to look for them.

However, it sounds as if you have a vet visit coming up shortly so I would ask then .... if only to put your mind at rest.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys (@2BullyMama and @BabyDuke). Yes - it is not raised and looks like it probably is a freckle. I made an appt for my vet for next week to clip his nails (He hates me doing this, but seems fine when they do it, go figure) as well as check his ears. I will let you know if any more freckles show up and what the vet says. I really appreciate everyone's input. It does help me not worry about my baby. I just love having access to this wealth of knowledge! Thanks EBN!!!! Have a great night!
    Kristin
    Rocco's Mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads