Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A royal cold

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default A royal cold

Well HRH couldn't have a common cold, now could she?

But she is phlegmy, coughing some because of the mucous and her eye just look like she has a cold.

Do Vets treat colds in dogs the way physicians do in humans? I mean,if it's a virus there isn't antibiotic treatment needed. they just recommend OTC relief meds and rest.

We have been giving her benadryl to help dry up some of the mucous.

Anyone else ever notice what seemed like a cold in their bulldog, and what did you do about it?

Lucy-licious

Default Re: A royal cold

Oh no I hope she gets better soon, give her a big hug from Lucy and I

I'd just keep an eye on her TBH.
    I get worried too if Lucy gets snuffly because of the chances of respiratory tract infections.
    In general in humans if mucous is a dirty green/brown then antibiotics are warranted, and when I spoke to the vet once about Lucy having a drippy, runny nose he told me not to worry whilst it was clear but any changes, colour and thickness to take her in.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby...can't say I've ever seen a cold in any of my dogs.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Bubba has been doing the same thing for a few days! Benedryl seemed to work for a bit, along with lemon juice. But he still has it. Now, my one terrior is hacking and coughing up some phlem. Made an appt with the vet. I was reading about the dog flue, which I think actually started in FL (where I live). Bubba has the congestion with hacking and coughing up some thick phlem. I also was reading about kennel cough. I do take them to the dog park. I hope not! Good luck!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw my poor things. @LariP and @bubbaisapig sarah and my boys get stuffy sometimes and i have 2 humidifiers i use in my house to keep the phlem moving and from building up. the air in this house is so dry from the heating for winter. we use them when we have a cold why not for our dogs. i also have 2 air cleaners i ordered online to help to. i hope they feel better soon. maybe try a zyrtec instead of benadryl. ive used both on sarah and my boys. just some suggestions

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Air dryness isn't a problem here with 14 aquariums, the largest being a thousand gallons.. LOL
    HRH has put herself on bed rest. So now she will sleep 23.5 hours today instead of her usual 23.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom I tried the zyrtec last night with both dogs. a little confused about dosage. my vet said 1/4 to 1/2 pill a day. a member here said her dogs dermatologisttold her 2 pills a day. What dosage do u give?

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Air dryness isn't a problem here with 14 aquariums, the largest being a thousand gallons.. LOL
    HRH has put herself on bed rest. So now she will sleep 23.5 hours today instead of her usual 23.
    Holy crap. This needs it's own thread WITH PICTURES in "Other Pets"!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@bubbaisapig. i have given sarah 2 pills a day one am and one pm but that was in the summer. now if i were you i would just start with 1/2 a pill am and pm and then go from there. sarah has many allergies so actually i just gave her 1/4 pill to start. it was so funny me cutting that pill up into pieces. bf just rolled his eyes at me but hey gotta b careful with our bullies lol

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

omg @BruceP can that be like tank abuse Is there some agency that monitors these things? there has just got to be something wrong with that actually thats ok i was just throwing it out there for you or anyone just in case. and we all know hrh needs her rest.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Poor HRH and poor Bubba. Colds are no fun at all. Frank has been very phlegmy lately with a clear runny nose, but I think it is just from our house so dry from the heater. I don't have any other suggestions other than to make sure they are drinking lots of fluids. Could give them chicken broth or such to make sure they are getting enough fluid. I think that helps thin out mucus as well.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Awwwww..poor Princess Grace! I hope she rests and rests and rests. Poor thing, the stress of it all is such a load to carry. I mean keeping Brucie awake must be sooooo exhausting!

Heyyyy...maybe she caught sumpin from Lari?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads