sick puppy

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
We're having a sad night in our household. Ms. Athena got sick today. Not sure what happened. Woke up and she was doing just fine. Running around and playing like normal. Ate like normal. We put her in her crate to leave for the afternoon. When the kids got home from school they found that she had vomited several times in her crate. But they said she was still energetic. She then continued to throw up in her puppy bed and on the floor. By the time we got home she was acting very lethargic. So I called the vet and we took her in.

Upon initial examination the vet said she looked ok. No fever and she was looking around and moving some. They are going to keep her through the night. Do some blood work. Give her fluids, antibiotics and something to settle her tummy.

I'm a nervous wreck already. We've been home for just over a hour now and I keep wondering where she is at. She's only been with us just shy of 2 weeks and I 'm already lost without her. I miss my couch buddy. :(

OP
mistshadow

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
I'm glad we took her in too. I was just so afraid to just sit at home and wait to see if she got better. My boyfriend and I figured it was better to be safe than sorry later. She means to much to us. Her whimpering was so heartbreaking. I just wanted to cry.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor baby. I hope she is better and home again later today.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Praying for little Athena. The IV fluids will keep her hydrated and that helps. One of my kittens had to stay in the hospital for 4 days on an IV and antibiotics and she got back to normal.

L

Lucy-licious

Hope she's feeling better soon :hug: Try not to worry so much , you did the right thing and she's in good hands.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Please keep us in the loop on how she is doing. I hope she comes home today.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i will be praying also. and yes you absolutely did the right thing taking her in. we will all be here waiting for word on your baby. yes they do get into our hearts quick dont they.

OP
mistshadow

mistshadow

Dec 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Athena and Ty
Ok, the nurse called and left a message (been a long sleepless night so I missed the call this morning). She said Athena is more perky this morning than when we brought her in last night. They have her on antibiotic for aspirated pneumonia. They were waiting for the Dr. To come in to look at her this morning and he would call again.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Late into this, but hoping and praying that she'll recover quickly. Poor girl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online