Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max has managed to really irritate his face and wrinkles. So now his face is all red and irritated, and every wrinkle on his (L) side of his face, next to his nose, is really raw and red and irritated.
Normally I use DESITIN on his large wrinkles, but of late this just has not been effective at all in drying up and healing his raw, irritated facial folds.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do next to get this healed and under control ?

Thanks.

- Patrick

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I think the first thing to do is find the cause of his tearing.
Im still going thru this same issue with my Jack....
Im still in the hunt to find the perfect food for him and i'm about to switch his food yet again....

Im planning on neutering him in a few months. While he is there at the vet's I thinK i'm gonna splurge and have an allergy test done on him to find out why he has so much tearing.....

Good Luck with Maximus ... I feel your frusteration.!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Max.... since the weather has been unseasonably warm here on the east coast -- it could be environmental allergies. Have you had the full blood screen allergy test done? It will save you a lot of stress and Max a lot of pain. Banks' folds are doing the same thing -- we are blaming the Christmas tree in the house.... do you have a real tree in the house that could be bothering him?

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Check for the inner eyelash as well next time you are at your vet. See my thread on watery eyes/internal eyelash. I got lots of great feedback from other bully owners. Good luck!
Rocco's mom

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online