Black Spots

Obi2011

Dec 31, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
Bulldog(s) Names
Obi
So Obi's 9 wks old and has a white face. I noticed yesterday (never noticed before) that he has a couple small black spot on his skin (forehead). His hair is still white on these black spots. Is this something I should be worried about? We go back to the vet in January so I plan to ask them. Just wanted to see what you guys think.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: to EBN. My first thought is that it's just the pigment of Obi's skin. Lots and lots of bullies have what I call poke-a-dots. Wilson's full of them, even on his underbelly. As Obi gets a bit older his colors may start changing a bit, the browns may get darker or lighter. Wilson pulled some black that mixes in with his red along his nap, sorta like his color fades into the white. I'm sure others will be along soon, but it's probably just Obi getting some dots. :)

PS....Obi's a cutie!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
These are normal, and he may get more as he gets older. All of mine have these, it's just skin pigmentation.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All is good.... they are probably pigment marks... Banks' belly is fill with them

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Wait till you give him a bath. I hardly noticed Liz's black spots before. When she has a bath, she looks like a Dalmatian!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: and I can't really add more to what you have already been told!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.