Help please! Something stuck in throat/lungs?

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yesterday morning Bubba threw up. Ever since then he acts like he's trying to get something up. He will do this little cough like thing and sometimes some phlem comes up. he is eating and drinking with no problem. Walks aren't a problem either. When he tries to do his normal hyper running,playing and rolling on his back..it makes it worse. i don't know if he aspirated something when he threw up or what. Anyone had this happen before?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
That's what Gracie is doing a bit too along with a runny nose. We think she has a cold.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hopefully, he'll keep hacking until he dislodges whatever goo is in there. If it becomes chronic -- or unrelenting gagging -- I'd be in the car to the vet's...

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Thanks guys. He did have a bit of a runny nose yesterday. Just gave him some benedryl. will see if that helps. Its not a constant gagging. Maybe its allergies? I hope that's all!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
If it's that goofy bulldog phlegm I've heard about, you could always try a squeeze of the ol' lemon juice down the gullet!

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy did this after being sick once It cleared up after a day or so. I think the vomitting had hurt her throat a little.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas clears his throat often, it is like he takes a deep breath and coughs up some phlegm to clear his throat. He loves to do this while he is sitting right by you looking in your face :eek: I think it is allergy related.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
THanks everyone! I feel a little better now. I will try the lemon also!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
THanks everyone! I feel a little better now. I will try the lemon also!

I don't know if you pay attention to our Pollen count on BayNews 9, but it is unusually high for this time of year. Pollen is a huge culprit with Vegas's allergies causing runny eyes and phlegm.

OP
bubbaisapig

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Yes..i think all of you are correct...allergies. gave some benedryl and a little lemon juice and fatty McGee is doing much better! Thanks guys!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, I know this well and you are correct... lemon juice and benedryl will help. Damn allergies!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im late here but im so glad bubba is better. sarah does that sometimes if i do not give her benadryl and the air is bad. her nose runs and she will cough. not always but sometimes. she had a bad attack the other morning with coughing and i believe reverse sneezing. when she quit she was ready to eat and benadyl was givin very quickly. ah bullies and allergies. thats great bubba will be ok.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.