What is this on his face and how do I fix it?

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Can you give me any help on this? Not sure if it is an allergy or a sore. He has a cold and is on antibiotics so I don't know if that is causing it or not. His nose also runs bad when he sleeps and runs on that so I don't know if it is because of the moisture. I have used baby wipes to clean it but it doesn't seem any better. Should I use witch hazel or something like it?

photo.jpg

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't see any picture. If its an open sore..I would use a bit of antibiotic ointment and see if that helps. You can clean it with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water..then apply a tiny bit of neosporin.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with jakeisgreat Looks like irritation from his nose, hopefully that is all. Keep us posted!

What a cute smooshy face!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Poor baby! I hope some Neosporin helps it clear up quickly.

HRH started acting like she has a cold yesterday. We are giving her some benadryl to help with the congestion/runny nose. hopefully that will keep a visit to the vet at bay.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm with these guys....I'd clean it with an antibacterial soap and then put some Neosporin on it.

Nice job at getting a good shot of the wound too, by the way. It helps when you're able to SEE what the problemo is.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has had something similar on his face and I just gently washed it and put neosporin on it and it cleared up in a few days. Chunk has such a cute little face!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great picture of the issue... I agree with all the advice so far.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.