Need some opinions on this video

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
on lex walking. As several of u know a few weeks ago we came home( gone 24 hrs) to lex not putting any pressure on his back leg. Well he started getting better but was just stiff. That Thurs it seemed like he didn't have any control of his back legs, very wobbly and couldn't walk straight. So we went to vet on fri and he said it wasn't anything nureo wrong w him. He gave us some antiflammatory med and glucosamine. He wanted us to wait and see how he does on that and if he's still bad bring him back and he will sedate him some and do x rays to See if its his joints. It'll be 2 weeks fri since we went to vet, he is acting like his self running playing but I see him still wobbly alittle and seems like he doesn't have full range I motion in back leg. Jeff thinks he is fine. Please give me all yalls honest input!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68V1un1nVX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
since he is starting to act back to normal. I would continue to watch him. Ideally he should continue to get better everyday. If he starts taking a turn backwards, then go to the vet. Also until he is back to 100%, don't let him get over excited, it may harm what he damaged to begin with.

L

Lucy-licious

Its difficult to tell TBH he does look a little unsteady but he isnt limping, which is a bonus. I couldnt make my mind up if he wasnt just concious that you were following him with the camera and maybe a bit nervous wondering why.
Love that squishy face though :love:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He is so darn cute, I really didn't notice a concern, but you know him best. Go with your gut.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He seems to be walking OK, just looks like he is a little stiff. I would give it a few days to see how he does. He's such a handsome boy though.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He sure wasn't in a hurry, that's for sure.. LOL I couldn't see anything other than he may be walking a bit stiff legged but then again, don't they all kind of?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'll be honest ... he seemed ok to me but then again I don't see him walking on a daily basis. I would go with your instinct on this. Whatever he did to his legs it was obviously pretty bad so it's gonna take a while to heal too. Maybe two weeks isn't long enough for the whole healing process so you may need to give it a little longer before you feel he's back to 100%!!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
First of all, just have to say that Lex has the cutest squishy face! I didn't really notice anything hugely out of the ordinary from how bullies walk, but like others said, you know him best. Definitely go with your gut and if you want him checked out again for your own peace of mind, go for it. When you got him checked out first, did the vet do a whole range of motion test on his legs?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] -- seemed to me his left back leg is a little stiff..... How old is Lex? What does he weigh?

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that he is stiff in one leg. He will be 2 the first of February.Vet wants him to loose 5 lbs. we had him on blue wilderness and he wants us to go to a grain free w less protein. And we are trying to find the right food now. We are fixin to start switching him to tftw if they have it in chicken flavor. When we left, the sitter had fed him the wrong food sat and sun and left food out for him it looked like he gained 10 lbs! When I took him to vet he weighed 70 but I just weighed him and he's at 70 but just got done eating an drinking and i know he had lost that weight. Lol
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] yes he did range of motion and nuro, he said its hard to tell w range where he is hurting cause he wasn't showing any pain!

Last edited:
OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Its difficult to tell TBH he does look a little unsteady but he isnt limping, which is a bonus. I couldnt make my mind up if he wasnt just concious that you were following him with the camera and maybe a bit nervous wondering why.
Love that squishy face though :love:

No that's the way he has been walking he always has had a camera stuck to his face and he just ignores it now lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that he is stiff in one leg. He will be 2 the first of February.Vet wants him to loose 5 lbs. we had him on blue wilderness and he wants us to go to a grain free w less protein. And we are trying to find the right food now. We are fixin to start switching him to tftw if they have it in chicken flavor. When we left, the sitter had fed him the wrong food sat and sun and left food out for him it looked like he gained 10 lbs! When I took him to vet he weighed 70 but I just weighed him and he's at 70 but just got done eating an drinking and i know he had lost that weight. Lol @Biogirl71 yes he did range of motion and nuro, he said its hard to tell w range where he is hurting cause he wasn't showing any pain!

At 2 he may be starting with arthritis... are you giving him any supplements? Have you thought about trying Fromm grain free? Why chicken - is he allergic to anything?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I agree to go with your gut.. He looks ok to me.. my God so precious.. Duke has done this before ( he jumped off the sofa to quick and was limping for a day or two).. the vet would tell us no steps or running for 48 hours then he would be back to normal.. I know its scary.. you don't want any joint problems...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.