Thread: Need some opinions on this video

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    Its difficult to tell TBH he does look a little unsteady but he isnt limping, which is a bonus. I couldnt make my mind up if he wasnt just concious that you were following him with the camera and maybe a bit nervous wondering why.
    Love that squishy face though
    No that's the way he has been walking he always has had a camera stuck to his face and he just ignores it now lol.
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need some opinions on this video

Quote Originally Posted by lexterwayne View Post
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that he is stiff in one leg. He will be 2 the first of February.Vet wants him to loose 5 lbs. we had him on blue wilderness and he wants us to go to a grain free w less protein. And we are trying to find the right food now. We are fixin to start switching him to tftw if they have it in chicken flavor. When we left, the sitter had fed him the wrong food sat and sun and left food out for him it looked like he gained 10 lbs! When I took him to vet he weighed 70 but I just weighed him and he's at 70 but just got done eating an drinking and i know he had lost that weight. Lol @Biogirl71 yes he did range of motion and nuro, he said its hard to tell w range where he is hurting cause he wasn't showing any pain!
    At 2 he may be starting with arthritis... are you giving him any supplements? Have you thought about trying Fromm grain free? Why chicken - is he allergic to anything?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

I agree to go with your gut.. He looks ok to me.. my God so precious.. Duke has done this before ( he jumped off the sofa to quick and was limping for a day or two).. the vet would tell us no steps or running for 48 hours then he would be back to normal.. I know its scary.. you don't want any joint problems...

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    At 2 he may be starting with arthritis... are you giving him any supplements? Have you thought about trying Fromm grain free? Why chicken - is he allergic to anything?
    Even if he has never had anything wrong with his back legs?
    We are giving him human fish oil and the vet gave us some glucosamine but he hates it!! He won't eat his food if I break it up small and put it in there, nor will he eat it w any cheese! Jeff has been givin him human glucosamine that he takes. Im thinking about it but trying to find something that I don't have to order but might have to. He loves chicken!! Doesn't like salmon potatoes etc, He's just a chicken boy lol. I have noticed he does way better on grain free, no tear stains or itching and he loves the blue wilderness.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Even if he has never had anything wrong with his back legs? We are giving him human fish oil and the vet gave us some glucosamine but he hates it!! He won't eat his food if I break it up small and put it in there, nor will he eat it w any cheese! Jeff has been givin him human glucosamine that he takes. Im thinking about it but trying to find something that I don't have to order but might have to. He loves chicken!! Doesn't like salmon potatoes etc, He's just a chicken boy lol. I have noticed he does way better on grain free, no tear stains or itching and he loves the blue wilderness.
    Yes, arthritis just starts up.. even if they always had no issues. @cowsmom can help with finding a grain free chicken food - she is queen of the ingredients! As for giving him human supplement -- just fine, that is what we do. Also, lactose free vanilla ice cream teaspoon to cover the pill --- works EVERY time. If he does find the pill.. give a little without a pill.. then some with the pill.. them another smidgin' without -- till he just starts to take the one hiding the pill.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm it's really hard to tell ... I agree with the others, go with your gut! If you will feel better bringing him back to the vet, go for it! Also, we use peanut butter for anything chunk won't take. He licks the spoon til it's clean so anything in it gets eaten no matter what! Just a thought.

And I love that squishy face!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

A few days ago Wilson got up with a limp in one leg. He didn't even want to put any pressure on it for a couple of hours. He's a big and tall bullie and has never presented any limb problems. I increased his glucosamine anyway but I think he probably pulled a muscle cuz he spooks easily and could of moved too fast. He did this when he was a puppy but healed in a couple of days. He is completely back to normal now. Lex totally has that look that my dogs have when I bring out the camera. Don't know why they hate it but they do. After watching the video I can see he is walking carefully. Whatever is hurting them is still healing so give it some time. Hugs for you as I know how it feels when our bullies are not acting themselves.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    A few days ago Wilson got up with a limp in one leg. He didn't even want to put any pressure on it for a couple of hours. He's a big and tall bullie and has never presented any limb problems. I increased his glucosamine anyway but I think he probably pulled a muscle cuz he spooks easily and could of moved too fast. He did this when he was a puppy but healed in a couple of days. He is completely back to normal now. Lex totally has that look that my dogs have when I bring out the camera. Don't know why they hate it but they do. After watching the video I can see he is walking carefully. Whatever is hurting them is still healing so give it some time. Hugs for you as I know how it feels when our bullies are not acting themselves.
    Thanks! How is Wilson doing now?

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys glad to know we are giving him the right meds and giving him lots of bed rest, every once in a while ill let him play pretty good, of course monitor him. I will contact @cowsmom and talk to her about his food choices. I do think he is still stiff and to me it seems like he pops his hips.
    On the glucosamine I have tried cheese turkey but have not done peanut butter I will try that!! I even broke it up so fine it was like powder in his food and he still wouldn't touch it!

I will post the video of him walking the day we went to see vet
    Last edited by lexterwayne; 12-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys glad to know we are giving him the right meds and giving him lots of bed rest, every once in a while ill let him play pretty good, of course monitor him. I will contact @cowsmom and talk to her about his food choices. I do think he is still stiff and to me it seems like he pops his hips.
    On the glucosamine I have tried cheese turkey but have not done peanut butter I will try that!! I even broke it up so fine it was like powder in his food and he still wouldn't touch it!

I will post the video of him walking the day we went to see vet
    Try a hotdog if all else fails. Lex is all handsome!! I love his smooshy face (oh, he has a cute bully butt too)
    I am glad Matilda was asleep or she would of seen Lex.
    Oh, I have also found something else if fish oil isn't working for some bully babies.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe0gy...e_gdata_player

Here is the video I took the day of the vet. This is from when he first got out of bed to potty time. It's sad

Last edited by Libra926; 01-12-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added vid link

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Poor baby!!

Who wouldn't love that face???