Whats wrong with his back??

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
2 days ago i notice that boo's back lose small part of hair. See the pic for clear idea of the problem..
I was wondering if any of u know what it is?

Merry christmas and happy holiday everyone!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324869065.858367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324869065.858367.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 144
OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Lately he's been playin with my sister dog, a golden more often. But its been goin on for more than a week and he seems okay. I always supervise him and bring him back when his breathings seems a bit heavy.
3 days ago he played with a husky, the husky recently suffers some skin problems due to allergy. Is it contagious?
When boo played with the husky, the husky saliva is all over his back, and the day after the problem arose. Is it possible the husky caused it?

Vickiebarrios

Aug 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Not usually. If it doesn't correct in a day or becomes worse go get a vet check. I have seen similar reactions while playing and irritation can happen. Lasting longer than 5 days worries me. Bullies have sensitive skin so I personally would play it safe and get it checked. Please keep me updated. I like knowing how my cuties are doing.

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
I brought him to the vet, he was given antibiotics and medicated shampoo. The doctor thinks it was yeast or bactery that was brought by the husky.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is the skin dry/flaky or moist?

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
I had the same problem, it got bad too. Their hair was patchy in spots and had yellowish crusty places.
My 2 are on diamond naturals (grain free) lamb and rice and the grizzly salmon oil now. They were on totw which was fine at 1st but I think the potatoes in it made the dogs yeasty. And then we had trouble.
We have now used 4, 40lb bags of the diamond naturals I think we finally found a keeper! Good luck

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I had the same problem, it got bad too. Their hair was patchy in spots and had yellowish crusty places.
My 2 are on diamond naturals (grain free) lamb and rice and the grizzly salmon oil now. They were on totw which was fine at 1st but I think the potatoes in it made the dogs yeasty. And then we had trouble.
We have now used 4, 40lb bags of the diamond naturals I think we finally found a keeper! Good luck

I agree with you, Tiffany! POTATOES are the real culprit, and it took me awhile to find that out with Maximus, until I read the TOTW bag, and saw that it not only had white potatoes, but Sweet potatoes also .....Eeeeks! I quickly changed Maximus' diet, and he looks alot better ....

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
I used science diet puppy lamb an rice. Never had a problem with it. And i dont think it contains potato..

The husky have a toy puddle that also got skin problem so i think the yeast come from the husky.

I'm trying to figure out a way to tell the owner, since there's no way she will admit that the problems come from her dog. And she's the type that likes to scold other people dog and i dont want her messin with mine.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok first of all your dog did not get yeast from another dog. yeast is not transferred from one dog to another. yeast comes from moisture so if the other dog had saliva on your dogs back that stayed there then yes maybe. also it has to do with your dogs immune system and allergies. now all that playing could have upset your dogs system enough but i would watch this as it can be a food allergy or environmental. i think you have had trouble before with your dog if i remember right. is he itchy or anything? i see the vet gave you some shampoo but you can put some tolinaftate or clotimazole in between shampoos if needed. also i use hydrocortizone on it if its itchy to. the antibiotics and shampoo should clear it up. keep us posted. [MENTION=1971]Tiffany B[/MENTION] diamond naturals lamb and rice is not grain free as rice is a grain. just fyi.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], thanks for the correction. No wheat, corn or soy.. it doesn't really matter.. It works for my boys :) and that's what makes me happy :) just throwing out a suggestion

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990688.726163.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324990688.726163.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 119
OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
The husky did leave her saliva all over boo's back. Its her style of playin to climb up to boo and playfully bite him..

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=3411]loonatic8[/MENTION] keep us updated on booboos progress please. [MENTION=1971]Tiffany B[/MENTION] i was mostly saying that not for you hon as whatever works for your bully is ok with me as ive been through many foods with sarah just really for someone reading it so they dont get it thinking its grain free and buy it under that assumption. im all for what works for people no matter what it is. well not ol roy. lol

OP
loonatic8

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
Right now boo's on antibiotics. The vet offer me to inject him with anti fungal formula, but i chose to stay with the antibiotics for now, i'll bring boo back to the vet next week.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325039943.213586.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325039943.213586.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 113

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names