Yeast infection in ear?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I have been told that there's a detox phase when our pups switch to raw. Think of it as their body releasing all the bad stuff out while they're taking in the good stuff. It can range from very mild to something stronger and the length of time varies too. Some experience the itchies while others gets eye crusties and tear up more. The only change we noticed with Stig was the thick and dark earwax. We would need to clean his ears every couple of days. Then it gradually decreased. Now we rarely need to clean it.

Can't say I noticed much with Punkin though. His ears were full of yeast when we first got him and needed steroids to get it under control.

Sorry to hear about the mass. Praying that it's nothing and he'll be back to his normal healthy self.

Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
on raw they can at first shed more,eye boogers,cannon butt,ear discharge,so dont worry about these things sometimes they last a few days and sometimes a few weeks its all part of getting rid of all the rubbish in kibble,every kibble has an amount of rubbish in it so you have done the right thing going raw,one thing i would say is that when feeding chicken soak it for 30 mins just in case its sodium enhanced as ive noticed a difference in annie when i dont soak the chicken inc backs/frames she itches !!,also my vet said water in the ears does cause infection its because of the shape of the ear canal so even though some think its not a cause if you bathe your dog plug the ears well its best to be on the safe side ,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
actually im wondering if they didnt have the infection before the change to raw but just didnt show up as bad. im glad you got some drops for it. im hoping that the mass is nothing. keep us updated on how it is going. merry christmas. also i dont do sarahs head when i bathe her i do that separate after the bath. good luck

Members online

No members online now.