Huge mites problem

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
LOL - I just re-read my message and had to laugh out loud! I meant to say the Revolution controls "fleas, ticks and mites!" not "mice!"....that made me crack up. Sorry for the typo...

K

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont have any advice on mange as sarah has never had it thank goodness but just wanted to welcome you to the site and you are getting some good advice. keep us posted

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
LOL - I just re-read my message and had to laugh out loud! I meant to say the Revolution controls "fleas, ticks and mites!" not "mice!"....that made me crack up. Sorry for the typo...

K

Darn it. I was hoping to control a vermin problem here......

KIDDING! That was my [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] impression.....

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
*giggle* :p Just so you know [MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION], you're not the ONLY crackpot around here....

In fact, you and I are in some very good company...LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
bullerik

bullerik

Oct 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefy
Thanks for the replies. I set up an appointment with the vet told him the problem and I found out he had the same thing in mind which was the allergy test. He redirected me to a dermatologist and I've set up an allergy test date in February. Cost is gonna be around $600-900 but I'm saving up.

Other than that, the original vet has been doing skin scraping to check for mites and they've come back negative on mites for 2 weeks straight now which is great. This might've just been an allergy thing this whole time.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I am hoping he is over the mite infestation and the dermatologist will find what he is allergic to so he can get better. Please keep us posted on his progress.

KristinMarie

Jul 30, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Thanks for the update and this sounds like a great plan. I'm also scheduled to take Rocco into the derm dr in 2 weeks. He was very hard to get an appt with (guess there is a high demand for him here in Seattle). Anyway - this way I can figure out what is causing Rocco's ongoing hive problems. We want to get him switched to a more permanent food solution (off of the Hills prescription diet, which has been working great, but I hear is not a good long term solution. But before I switch I need to know what he is and isn't allergic to so I can make a smart switch instead of play the guessing game.

Good luck and let us know what the derm doc says. Take care,

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.