Best test to ask for at the vets

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Hi to all of my friends here at English Bulldog News Forum! Its been a while since I have logged on and I see a lot of new members and new bully faces:D.

I was wondering what would be the best test to have your bully undergo when visiting the vets for a yearly check up?? I have read that a complete blood test would be the most important one.

Mocha is 2 and I just worry that I am not being agressive enough when it comes to what tests and things to ask for for Her. She is in good health and happy and I want to keep it that way for as long as I can. I have read about some of our memebers loosing their beloved bullies and it breaks my heart and also worries me so much:*(

Thank you in advance for your sugestions:hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
After a certain age... the vet will do liver/kidney check ups.

OP
LisaMarie

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
2BullyMama thank you for your response. I was just wondering if there where any test that I should have Mocha undergo. Thank you:)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i honestly dont know of any test to specifically ask for but i have heard of people getting blood drawn and their dogs levels checked for various things to make sure all is ok. also heartworm is a biggy for me since sarah had them last year. also worms can be a problem.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so glad you and beautiful Mocha are baaaaaack! as far as tests goes...I think if she's healthy and happy...you are doing fine! As she ages,there will be different things to check..but for now..relax and love her! :luv:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How sad I didnt know there were tests they would do randomly as reg check ups. Or should say they needed to do.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online