Stig just peed a little bit of blood :(

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig's paper trained, so he's allowed to do his duties in an area of our house. Immediately after coming back from their evening walk, he went to his area and peed a little blood. It was a small puddle, but its looked like there was more blood than pee. Anyone have any experience with this? Unless he was peeing blood during the walk, all of his other ones today were normal. He's acting, eating, playing and pooping normal. It doesn't look like he's straining. I'm going to check his temp once he calms down a little.

We don't have an appt, but we'll be at our vet's door right when they open tomorrow morning. Or should we go to the emergency? My bf and I are really worried. Really hoping it's nothing, or something simple that's easily diagnosed and treatable.

I read online that we should keep him hydrated and offer him fresh water. Should I put some broth in it so he'll drink more frequently? I know that if people have uti's, it's best to drink as much as possible and go to the washroom more often as well.

:(

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Could be an infection..especially if he was straining. If he's otherwise acting normal..I'd think he can wait til tomorrow. I know with peopl these infections can come on fast and cn get worse fast! Not sure about doggies tho! I hope he is well soon! :hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
How old is Stig? I don't remember. Is the blood separated in the urine or is it blended in? Guess why I'm asking is that we had an old dog of our that peed blood and it was related to his kidney. His blood was blended (the color of his urine was darkened). Hoping it's as simple as strain. I'll be thinking of you and Stig!!! :hug:

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is Stig? I don't remember. Is the blood separated in the urine or is it blended in? Guess why I'm asking is that we had an old dog of our that peed blood and it was related to his kidney. His blood was blended (the color of his urine was darkened). Hoping it's as simple as strain. I'll be thinking of you and Stig!!! :hug:

I didn't look at it closely, but my bf said that it wasn't dark red, more so it looked like he got cut, so it's a lighter shade of red. Stig's turning 2 in March, so he's 21 months.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like a UTI... lots of water till you get to a vet for some antibiotics.

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
I would call the er vet. They will advise you what is best to do. The one i called before thats in oakville gave me.an honest answer wasnt trying to just get our money.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes lots of fluids. Do you have a syringe? Bullys love to be given water through one, at least mine do! Broth in the water, not too much, will help them drink.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im no help here but im sending prayers for stiggy. please keep us updated

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Relax, what ever it is you caught it early, your a good bully mom. Google it and see what you can find. Sounds to me like a UTI, might need antibiotic 's . You said he's acting normal. That's the good news. Like the rest said, lots of water to pass. Thinking of you and Stig ,:pray:
keep us updated. [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He just finished eating his dinner and peed a little, which is his normal routine. Still a little bloody, though after looking closer it's not blended. I see shades of his normal pee. And this time there's a couple of small blood chunks. Sorry, don't know exactly what those are called. But the ladies here should know what I'm talking about. (Oopsies, if it's tmi. :eek:) He's also drinking every now and then. Going to change the water more often because he prefers them cold and fresh from the filter.

Calling the pharmacies close by to see if they can give us a sterile bottle. How should we go about getting a pee sample? We've done poop ones before, never pee.

[MENTION=2194]buffalobabie[/MENTION] - what's the vet's number?

Ok, at this moment, he's trying to pee again but can't.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is a UTI... when he squats or lifts to pee... get the jar in the stream, you only need a little for the test

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Did you examine his private part real real good? If it's small clots it could be something near the end of his penis

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.