Yeast Infection Help

JRuhland21

Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Swayze
My Sway I think is starting to get a yeast infection inside his wrinkles. The thing is I not only have the dog wipes, I even have some medicated pads the VET gave me and still it hasnt gotten any better. Its an every day maitnence thing and nothing seems to help. I know my big guy is in some pain but he is a trooper. I need to take him back to the VET but I am going outta town tomorrow for a few days and wont be able to unitll Tuesday. Can anybody shoot some help this way? Thanks

-James & Swayze

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im sorry, but we haven't had a yeast prob so I can't help you. Im posting so it goes back to the top of the list so someone else will see it and help you. Good luck with it.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Use the wipes the vet gave you, but after you use them.. Very important that you dry the area very well with a soft paper towel like viva or cloth. I use the mal-o-ket wipes or have used the duoxo wipes. Panalog ointment is very good for yeast infections, that's what my vet gives Winston, he has a huge nose rope and we always have yeast issues. Before I got the wipes the vet told me to use peroxide on gauze to clean the nose wrinkle then dry good then apply the panalog. Good luck, hope this helps a little!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@jruhland you can use witch hazel on a make-up pad to help with it. Banks is constantly battleing yeast in her folds and between her toes -- we keep Tresedrem in the house (get from vet) when it flares up. Also, have not totally prven it yet, but my vet agrees it could add to the problem -- potatoes.

tonyjerry

Apr 13, 2011
Oliver had a yeast infection that he is just getting over. Started almost 3 months ago. One of his nose folds was pretty red and looked like cellulitis so we gave him a couple weeks of antibiotics. Got better but never fully cleared so took him to the vet where he was placed on different antibiotics. A week in started to get really rusty/brown, never stinky, but we figured this must be a yeast infection. Not sure what wipes you are using but we started using the Mal-a-ket wipes and applied lotrimin afterwards. Maybe 2 weeks later the inflammation was gone and skin color almost back to normal. Hope this works for you. Oh, we also started feeding him a cup of yogurt every night. FIgure being on antibioitics for 4 weeks probably did some damage to his normal bacteria

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I have yeast problems on my Wilson too but haven't been able to isolate the problem since it's environmental. Most likely plant. His paws are his main issue. Hope you get some help and answers from the vet.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It's a shame you have to leave town, it's at least a two times a day job keeping up with the yeast mess. Hope who ever takes care of your luv will know how important it is.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i use mal-a-ket wipes and lotrimin powder on a qtip. [MENTION=2213]tonyjerry[/MENTION] gave some good advice. you may want to look at what is causing it. something you feeding or is it environmental.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus also battles constantly with red, irritated wrinkles. I clean them, use powder, have used Mal-a-Ket wipes, and have used Duoxo wipes, problem with all of these wipes is they just are not saturated enough with the ingredient (which I think is Chlorhexidine solution) so they end up being useless, and they are not cheap.
I also use Desitin, but that doesn't last and requires constant reapplications, so I'm not going to invest in any more "medicated wipes" coz I'm going broke. I'll have to find another product to use, but I do agree with the poster above a big culprit is POTATOES. I have eliminated all dog foods with any type of potatoe in it - some brands have both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online